Factory or Shop Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory or Shop Manual

Man and am I glad to have found this website. I took ownership of a 85' GS700E that had been left by some friends in a parking lot in Albuquerque. I got it running out there and then brought it to Florida. Unfortunately- I had to leave and it had to sit. Now, I have procured a spot in my buddies garage and we are going to try and get it back on the road- running strong.

First Step- procure manual. I found the links on the site. However, nothing addressing which is more useful. Which is better- the factory manual or a shop manual? Experience level - low, mechanincal ability- low as well..Thanks

THE SECRET IS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ---JUST GET ONE

Comment

I got both, one from Suzuki and one from Haynes. They both have their good and bad points but generally they compliment each other and something missing in one can generally be found in the other.

FYI - Look in the Parts for Sale forum for factory manuals, a Robert Skelton lists them for sale all the time. If he doesn't have what you need I'd check e-bay next. You can still get them from Suzuki but their pretty spendy, i.e. $60 or more.

There are a lot of places to find the Haynes or Clymer manuals so you shop around for the best prices.

And search the forums here for answers. There's a ton of good information available on just about any aspect of GS repair in previous posts.

Good luck.

Comment

I don't think Cylmer or Haynes makes a manual for the GS700, if they do tell me, I want to get one. That leaves the Suzuki Manual, expensive, but worth it I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
          I don't think Cylmer or Haynes makes a manual for the GS700, if they do tell me, I want to get one. That leaves the Suzuki Manual, expensive, but worth it I'm sure.
          Forgot 'bout that. Think someone mentioned that in a previous post. Bummer.
          You check if Skelton has a factory manual?

Comment

for most service a manual for a similar GS 750 would work fine

Comment

thanks for the response..have a factory manual from repairmanual.com on the way..

Comment

The 700 is part of the 750 manual with an addendum to cover the very minor changes made to the 700. I have the Suzuki manual and it is very detailed. There is hardly a nut or bolt that isn't covered. If you need any info from it until you get yours just let me know. Email me or send a personal message.

Comment

Working...
                X