carb boots for my 82 gs650glz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb boots for my 82 gs650glz

what can i expect to pay for new carb boots for my 82 gs650glz mine were ok til the 'buddy' who put my bike back together for me when i bought it folded one when the carbs were inserted. it developed a crack. i sealed it temp. like for around town rides but want to replace them all before taking a long trip. advice? were to find them? i think the price i found on www.bikebandit was 125.00 is this too high for four.

thank matt

1) Price them out at Suzuki.
    2) Pick your jaw up off the floor.
    3) Go home and order them from Bike Bandit.

It's been a while since I priced them, but that sounds right for new ones and there is no sense in buying used.

Steve

Comment

Matt,you should check through old posts I remember one about making your
      own out of pvc tubing or something if thats a direction you want to go.
      I've got an 82 650E It's carb is kicking my ass!!
      Any magical tips on getting the air box side on.

Comment

Try www.ronayers.com their price for boots and o-rings for my G were about half what Bikebandit or Suzuki wanted. Safe Riding, Bill

Comment

Carb Boots

You may want to get a price from Parts Warehouse (800-860-0686). I think I paid abou $25 a piece for my GS1000. The old ones wern't real bad, but they were 21 years old and I had it apart anyway.

JS

Comment

There were also some boots for sale on ebay. Don't remember the price or condition though. I one thing I did remember was a project GS for sale in texas. No reserve and the bid was at 2 bucks or something super low like that.

Comment

Working...
            X