hayabusa headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hayabusa headers

does anyone know if all hayabusa headers are made with stainless steel and would they fit into an 8valve 1100 cylinder head.thank you

Definitely not stainless, and I doubt it would fit.

Comment

don't know about busa headers but I fit a 92 gsxr1100 4 to 2 pipe (which was fully stainless) to my 1981 gs750ex. The only thing that I had to do was make four new exhaust gaskets with a slight step down to fit the gsxrs slightly smaller pipe diameter and make some rear brackets for mounting. Sorry no pics but it worked awesome and I ran them for about four years before I got a good deal on a new header. Oh, you will also have to slot the holes for the header bolts as they are not quite in the right spot. I'm a machinist so the exhaust gaskets were no prob but I suspect that a small local machine shop would be able to make you some in trade for a case of beer. Everything done it was about an hour's worth of work and it worked great.

Comment

Unsure about fitment-
        But (they are coated, over the Stainless Steel)
        Says Stainless Still on the stamp on the mid section
        I know have seen them with rust spots, around the welds, and places they have been ground down from hitting before, but no rust on my old stockers from my 2000 model.

How much of the pipes are stainless> good question
        The pipes changed from 99-2000 to the newer ones in 01 {and up}, they have polished stainless steel mid sections, and both cans and mid pipes unbolt.

Measure your outside Diameter of your Exhaust ports (pipes ), and the distance from center to center of the bolts, also the spacing of the exhaust ports.
        I will check and let you know-

Peace,
        Ron

Comment

hayabusa headers

thanks everyone for your input,i am trying to find a4 into two system with stainless headers. i will check out the92 gsxr1100 exhausts.

Comment

Working...
          X