Tire size ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire size ?

What is the meaning of the numbers on the tires for example 100/90. By all that I read my 850 uses a 100/90-19 front but PO has put on a 110/90-19.
    What difference will this make?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Mike Curtis View Post
    What is the meaning of the numbers on the tires for example 100/90. By all that I read my 850 uses a 100/90-19 front but PO has put on a 110/90-19.
    What difference will this make?
    Thanks
    100/90-19

100 = width of the tire in MM

90 = Height of the sidewall of the tire, expressed as a percentage of the width ( 90% of 100= height)

19 - Rim size in inches

So, your 110/90-19 is a little less than 1/2 inch wider than the original, and slightly taller (very slight). It could be slightly slower handling, but if it is not rubbing then it should be fine.

Comment

The 110/90-19 that you have on the front is OK.

When you replace the rear tire don't go with an oversized tire. Look at the clearance that you have on the left side of the swing arm and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Thanks, I'll go back to the posted original size front anybody want a CS HI-Max 110/90 - 19 in really good conditions. FOB Irving,TX

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Curtis View Post
          Thanks, I'll go back to the posted original size front anybody want a CS HI-Max 110/90 - 19 in really good conditions. FOB Irving,TX

Like Jay said, you can use the 110/90
          Just be careful as to how large you go in the rear.
          If it uses a 130 rear, stay within that range.

You don't want the Cheng Shin tire? Or want to go back to a 100/90?
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

No I have a IRC Durotour RS310 130/90-16 on the rear & I want to match tread patterns and manufacturers.

Comment

Working...
            X