What is this Seat off of???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this Seat off of???

When I got my first GS, I made the assumption that the seat was stock. This is a 1979 GS750 with wires. Can anyone tell me if this is a stock seat. I've looked at hundreds of pics of the 79 but have yet to find this seat on anything. HELP??? :???:
    Thank you in advance,
    *Steve*

www.bikepics.com/pictures/694333

That is not a stock seat, appears to have been customized, or an aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by JHawkins View Post
      That is not a stock seat, appears to have been customized, or an aftermarket.
      Kinda what I thought. I don't like the seat. It for sure is overkill. It is not as comfortable for me as the stock seat on the 850 I have.
      Thanks for the info.

Comment

Look underneath it. I couldn't figure out what mine was, then I saw a big "H" and a "2" in the pan. Mine's a "Hang 2 touring seat". Apparently big in the early 80's??

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
          Look underneath it. I couldn't figure out what mine was, then I saw a big "H" and a "2" in the pan. Mine's a "Hang 2 touring seat". Apparently big in the early 80's??
          Yep, thats it, samething.
          Thanks Billyboy, appreciate.

*Steve*

Comment

Man, If I hadn't just bought another seat, I'd say sell me that one... kinda like the looks of it!

Comment

If you're planning on replacing your seat with a stock seat, the "E" model seats were a little nicer & more comfortable than the standard model seats. They had a little more cushion, a slight step up between the front & rear, & a little nicer cover.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                If you're planning on replacing your seat with a stock seat, the "E" model seats were a little nicer & more comfortable than the standard model seats. They had a little more cushion, a slight step up between the front & rear, & a little nicer cover.
                Thanks I will surely keep that in mind, appreciate.
                *Steve*

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf View Post
                  Man, If I hadn't just bought another seat, I'd say sell me that one... kinda like the looks of it!
                  Show me what you have, maybe we can dop a swap??

Comment

Originally posted by HammerHead View Post
                    Yep, thats it, samething.
                    Thanks Billyboy, appreciate.

*Steve*
                    Glad I could help.

The good thing about them is the comfy front seat. I hated the butt bucket back seat. So I undid the cover, cut down the foam and gave it a superbike kinda seat. You might need to add a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                      Glad I could help.

The good thing about them is the comfy front seat. I hated the butt bucket back seat. So I undid the cover, cut down the foam and gave it a superbike kinda seat. You might need to add a bit.
                      Yes, I will need to do something like that if I keep the seat. If you get a chance, I'd like to see a picture of what you did, appreciate.

*Steve*

Comment

Anyone know where I can get a seat like that for my '81 gs750e?

Comment

I'll try this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                          X