Clymer Manual help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clymer Manual help

I just got an email from Clymer regarding the availability of a manual for my 1979 GS1000. All they have are manuals for 1980-81 GS1000G, GS1000GL and GS1000GT.

Being new to this bike I have no idea if they are similiar to my bike so I need your help.

Some of the imfo would be the same, but you really need to find the right manual. You have a chain drive, the manual they have is for shaft drives.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Have seller check manuals

Just a note on Clymer manuals covering the 77-79 GS1000. I purchased one on eBay and when I got it discovered that there had been a printing error. I forget the exact pages, but it skipped from say, page 52 to page 80, and then repeated pages 70-80. Something like that, anyway there was a big section missing. I needed engine compression numbers and got replacing the stator twice.

Anyway, the seller was great. He had a couple more and sent me a replacement. Just have the seller check the page numbers before you buy to prevent any problems. There could be more of the bad copies floating around.

Comment

That must have been the custom GS manual. The motor has good compression, so you really don't need to know anything about it, and you have to replace the stator twice.](*,)

Comment

Here's a link to download the factory manual. It states it's for an '80 model, but it will work for your bike. I hope you have a fast internet connection!

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I am downloading it now. Thanks.

Comment

I have tried twice to download this manual. It was corrupted. Will try once more. Even with a high speed connection it is a very slow download. Perhaps something is wrong with their server.

Comment

I don't know anything about these folks, but they claim to sell brand new factory manual that covers 78-81 GS1000:

Or put this into the search on eBay and you'll see a number of possibilities...

suzuki (gs1000,gs-1000,gs 1000) manual

Comment

Originally posted by jeeptrix View Post
                  I have tried twice to download this manual. It was corrupted. Will try once more. Even with a high speed connection it is a very slow download. Perhaps something is wrong with their server.
                  did you get it to work? I downloaded mine awhile back. It's about 30mb, so I don't think I can email it to you. But if you want me to burn a copy for you and mail it to you, let me know.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

i downloaded mine from a different site address

cursor down to suzuki sextion and select gs1000 80. it does work for the 79, i have one i am rebuilding.

Comment

Rt click-- save as should get it for you
                      If you can't get it to work I have it & can send it on CD

Comment

Reno

I sent you a message with my address. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                        X