Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a timesert spark plug kit in Eastern Mass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a timesert spark plug kit in Eastern Mass.

If anyone has a kit they can lend or sell me in eastern Mass. I would be much obliged. This is for NGK B8SE plugs (14x1.25mm) with 5/8" length.

If you contact the company directly they may send you the insert for nothing. I did this a while back after talking to one of there local dealers advised me to do it as he did not have the size I needed on the shelf. If they will do it for you then all you need is the drill bit to enlarge the hole & the tap that matches the insert. I was able to find their contact info on the web by doing a search for their business.

Comment

There's the drill, the tap and also the tool which machines some material off to make a seat for the insert. The kit seams to go for $130 or more. If someone in the area wants to help me out, I have the head off already and I will bring your choice of brew.

Comment

In the V W repair business we found the solid inserts caused the plugs to run hotter. Apparently the sreel insert does not conduct heat as well as the aluminum. We found the HELICOIL to be better in this regard. There is a bit more diffuculty in installation but any tool truck ( SNAP-ON etc. ) should have the tools. Also most parts stores carry them.

Comment

Working...
        X