Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing back side of carbs.... what to order and where from?? (pic included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing back side of carbs.... what to order and where from?? (pic included)

So basically what the title says...

What does it look like I need to get for the back of the carbs... Basically something's missing that fills the space between the carbs and the airbox. And where do you guys order your parts from?? Who has the best prices?

Thanks all

What kind of bike is this?

Comment

it's an '81 GS650 GL
      Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2006, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Doesnt look like the carbs that were on my 82 GS650G (nor 80 GS850, nor 82 GS1100G) and engines on the G and GL were the same, and not much design change between 81 & 82.
        Last edited by Redman; 10-07-2006, 04:37 PM.
        http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Yea, as the others said, thoes are not the origional carbs for the bike. They look like some version where the motor was tilted forward thus the slanted float bowl. Considering this, they are not likely to run properly on your 650 with an upright motor.
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Interesting... Well, a little back story... This bike was found in the basement of the house I'm living in this year (college student...). My landlord said he didn't know whose it was and wanted to get rid of it, so I brought it over to my buddies house where we've been working on it the past week or so. It seems that it hasn't been running for the past 10 years and just sat in the basement since then. It came mostly all together, with the air box, seat and headlight being on the ground next to it. The electrical was all kinds of f'ed up, and we managed to rewire a few things here and there and cleaned the carbs and fed it some gas and it runs now. So right now, it looks like all we really need is the back side of the carbs and we'll be kinda good to go.

The bike's been layed down on both sides it appears, so cosmetically it's not the best right now. It also has less than 5,000 miles on it.

Comment

Microfiche online at www.bikebandit.com

Comment

Originally posted by cali powersports View Post
                So basically what the title says...

What does it look like I need to get for the back of the carbs... Basically something's missing that fills the space between the carbs and the airbox. And where do you guys order your parts from?? Who has the best prices?

Thanks all
                Those carbs are off a more moden bike. They won't work on your bike without changing the carb holders because they are designed to be tilted with the venturi...just eyeballing now...anout 30 degrees from horizontal. Then you'll have to jet them.

parts? mrcycles.com
                get pn off fiche and stick it into google or order from mrcycles

-Duck

Comment

MTU, eh?
                  Not much of riding season left there.

Look for carbs, & boots on ebay.

Show us a pic of the air box that you say you have, we can tell you if its the original for the GS or maybe the one for these carbs.
                  Last edited by Redman; 10-07-2006, 05:00 PM.
                  http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                  Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

the airbox would normally attach to those carbs but like others were saying those are not the origional carbs for the bike and they will need to be tilted so your floatbowl is level

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      MTU, eh?
                      Not much of riding season left there.

Look for carbs, & boots on ebay.

Show us a pic of the air box that you say you have, we can tell you if its the original for the GS or maybe the one for these carbs.
                      We've actually got 2 airboxes... One that is for the carbs that are on there now, which doesn't fit on the bike whatsoever... and the original airbox. I found the carbs on ebay, but it's gonna end up being over $100 - is this a decent price or should I order new or refurbished parts from somewhere else?? And if so, where can I order new/refurbished parts??

Also, we were thinking it'd look pretty sweet with 4 cone filters instead of the airbox... Has anyone tried anything like this? And more importantly, would it work?

And yeah, the season's almost over up here for riding, but this gives us one more thing to work on and maybe ride a little before the sleds come out when the snow starts falling. Plus, after we get it running, we're gonna tear it all down and rebuild the motor, shocks, paint the frame, etc... so hopefully it'll be all ready for next year
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2006, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Look like carbs off an old Yammie FZR ?

Any markings on em to indicate what model carb they are?
                        Keith
                        -------------------------------------------
                        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Before messing with carbs make sure the bike has compression.
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

1982 Gs 1100gl

What Is The Correct Way To Install The Oil Seperators In The Cam Cover?? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                              Before messing with carbs make sure the bike has compression.
                              Bike has compression... We've had it running with the carbs on it now.. So I'm guessing with the right carbs behind it, it'll run even better.

Anyone know the price of new carbs if i were to order them from say Suzuki? Or anyone know where I can find the price?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X