anti dive brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anti dive brakes

I was looking to lighten up my 1100 some, and was wondering about bypassing the anti dive set up. Has any one tried this, what all is involved? It looks pretty straight forward, but wondered if there would be a problem with the brakes at that point. Thanks

I once bypassed the anti-dive on my 750 Seca. All I did was remove the unit (the fork oil should be drained so it dosent run out on the floor). Then traced it out on a piece of aluminum, cut it out and mounted it in place of the anti-dive. And I didn't notice any difference.

Maybe someone else did this and they could tell you different but on that bike it made no difference. The unit it self didn't really weigh a lot but ever ounce counts when trying to lighten things up.

Gerry

Comment

Mine is done and i think its a waste of time also.

Comment

I blanked off the anti-dive on my 83 750E years ago by removing both fork units and using aluminum 1/4 inch templates. Braking action will improve as you are not using brake pressure/fluid to activate the anti-dive unit, especially if you use braided steel lines. Use progressive fork springs and/or preload adjusters to keep the front end from excessive dive.

Comment

Working...
        X