POOR idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POOR idle

well really lack there of. 83 gs750ed. This bike sat at the shop for 3 months and finally got it back ran ok he said he did the stator,cdi box, re-did carbs, then rebuilt them again(slackie he had working fer him put in 132 jets instead of 117) anyway take off header to fix bad ding put it back on and know it is running poorley(like it did when i took it to the shop). Will only start and run if its fully choked when u hit the throttle sounds like its missing really bad or something to that nature basiclly no rpm change just bad noise like its poping or max reved. turn off choke very rough idle bike shudders alot bout 800 rpm is max idle. But the weird part is that it will not act like this all the time you try to rev it a few times does its stupid missing thing then do it again revs up mean like a gsx-r then will start to "miss" and go back to old ways. This bike ran fine yesterday and this morning till i took off exhaust. took 8 bolts out put 8 back in with a welded patch on the downpipe. ???????

O.K. so you're saying the bike ran great until you took the exhaust off, fixed a dent in it, and put it on again. That's all you did. Am I getting that right?

Comment

yep

that is correct the bike also did this 3 months ago thats why i took it to the shop then i touched it and kaboom lol but yah its back to its old ways

Comment

ok, so if you dont have a terrible exhaust leak now (which you should hear....) then your mixtures may be horribly off. more things could be off if he screwed the carbs up, but check other things first.

Check the plugs to see what colour they are. Also check the petcock, as this could be a fuel-flow problem.

hope this helps.

POOT

Comment

the pet-cock was replaced as well #-o ](*,)

Comment

i'll pull the plugs tomorrow and check em and post the results

Comment

Working...
            X