Service Bulletin - Starter Button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Bulletin - Starter Button.

Years ago - A lot of years ago I had the horm button on my GS850GLZ pop off while riding down the highway. Of course the contact and spring took a hike with it. The cost of the left switch assembly is well - insane. Rose, (Cycle Design - Phillipston Ma in the mid 80s )probably the best suzuki parts person I can remember dealing with over the past 25 years dug out a service bulletin that showed the button spring and contact for the starter button on the right switch could be bought separately and was the same as the horn button.

I've looked tonight at microfiche online but couldn't find a parts breakdown for either switch assembly.

Does anyone know of a source (online preferably) for service bulletins that might have a part number for the button spring and contact?

Alternately does anyone have suzuki part numbers for these parts.

I know it's a royal pain to take that switch apart and put it back together but considering the cost of the whole assembly, I can put up with it.

Does yours use the round or square button ?I think I have a round one

Comment

Or you could replace the entire assembly cheaper:

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
        Does yours use the round or square button ?I think I have a round one
        Round, but I will also need spring and contact and really would prefer new parts.

There are sites for the Suzuki GT series where all the service bulletins can be found and downloaded. Having a resource for OLD GS service bulletins, for this and other issues would be a real big plus.

Comment

That's interesting. When I bought my second 82 1100L a few years back, I noticed that the starter button wasn't the original plastic one, but a metal button. Maybe it was a replacement you refer to in the service bulletin.
          1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
          2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
          2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Working...
          X