Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looks like a Frankenstien to me.

Originally posted by chrisdnoel
    Looks like a Frankenstien to me. Nothing like taking an inexpensive, nice bike and making it into an expensive piece of junk.
    Well said chrisdnoel. Is that a front fender/mudgard on the rear?

Comment

I had similar ideas to fit bigger late modl carbs. Now I am happy to ride as is...age brings less need for chnage

Comment

Chopzuki

And the winner is:

Tim White hit on the nose. This was a very rough '80 GS1000E. It was purchased for $400 to get the wheels, shocks and brakes for my '78 GS1000C. So that explains the wheels and such, they are from the '78. The gas tank is off the '78 also. The indentations running the length of the tank were filled to make it look like an '80.The front fender is on the rear tire just so I could get an idea on what to put back there.

The frame is a one off. I designed and built it myself. The design is based off a number of other hardtails that I found cruising the internet. All custom machining is done by my father-in-law who is a tireless hot rodder himself.

Many people have questioned my sanity for cutting up a Suzuki four to make a chopper. Well, to each his own. You like your stuff and I like mine. One thing you can be sure of, I will never stoop so low as to call your stuff junk.

Steve

Comment

Can you identify this?

Yea, it is a great example of what you shouldn't do to your Suzuki! This guy turned a great handling bike into a POS.

Jay

Comment

Can you identify this?

Comment

82 GS750T (chrome airbox sides?)

Comment

easy, that is a 84 gs 1150E

Comment

Sorry Focus, that would have been to easy. 8)

It's my brothers GSX1100 E 1981.

Comment

If you have this bike up and running, you are a dinasaur god! Otherwise I think the front rim might be salvageable.

Originally posted by focus frenzy
                    what do you think about this one?

Comment

Best guess, maybe a 77 or 78 1000.

Earl

Originally posted by zinmaker
                      If you have this bike up and running, you are a dinasaur god! Otherwise I think the front rim might be salvageable.

Originally posted by focus frenzy
                      what do you think about this one?

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

it is a 78 750 with a 80 or later brake disc, and about a 81 16v 750 engine

Comment

Karls brothers bike can be identified by the dang Phillips head bolts all over the engine. Owning one also helps too.

Comment

That is an '80 or '81 GS1100E. It has the Aluminum foot peg brackets while the 750 had chrome steel. Also the air valve for the front forks is visible also indicating a 1100.

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
                              Karls brothers bike can be identified by the dang Phillips head bolts all over the engine. Owning one also helps too.
                              I owned that bike before my brother, the philips head bolts for the side covers are changed to insex bolts, but there are still to much of the philips bolts left.....

The GS 1150 1984 has different bolts and engine color is black, stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X