Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Trip. What All Do I Need To Do?tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

robert did you drop your beer or what! yeah it true much as i hate to say it i only paid $20 for the bike and had it running after a couple hours worth of work.

Comment

You are my hero!!!!!!! I ain't dropping these beers. I got a half case of homemade apricot ale. A six pack feels like a whole lot more. I'm guessing the alcohol content is a mite higher than normal.

Comment

you talked me into one. im sitting here with a real cold bud longneck. thinking of how sick everyone who sees these post are going to be. i picked it up at a garage sale for twenty hauled it home on a trailor. put the ign. cover back on. the valve cover back on the plugs back in and started to clean the carbs but when i open the lid on the first carb the diaphram was folded over so i reseated it put the carbs on and went for a ride. paid 50 more for a new battery and air filter element than i did the whole bike. and other than cosmetic scratches on the tank and a very small dent in the front fender and a very small crack on one side cover shes mint. picked up and sissybar-luggage rack from a buddy who had the exact same bike he totalled years ago for another 30.

Comment

Check out this link:

Someone is parting out a 650. Might have that front fender you are looking for (another post).

Comment

the plates on the bike were expired as of may of 1988 so i figure the bike had sat for at least 14 years it only had 6300 actual miles on it when i bought it i have put anothe 1500 on it since then.now i want to get it cross country reliable and ride like tomorrow is the end.i also want to replace all that is slightly less than perfect on her.

Comment

yeah i saw that in the parts for sale forum. i emailed the fella with a grocery list but havent heard back from him yet.

Comment

You'll get her running to your specs soon enough. Just keep plugging along with her.

Comment

Working...
                X