80-82 550 650 750 igniter interchangeability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80-82 550 650 750 igniter interchangeability

I'm looking to replace my 1980 gs550E's ignitor after an RR incident. Are 650 and 750 (850 1100?) igniters interchable with the 550E's?

I read elsewhere that Part #'s are
    Your ignitor uses the following updated Suzuki part number:

32900-45120

The old number was:

32900-45110
    but i hear that Suzuki used differnt part#'s for the same part on differnt models (bloody brilliant!).

I realize the Dyna S is really the way to go.... but I'm trying to go cheap untill I get her back on the road and sorted...

Thanks!

Originally posted by Nomadman View Post
    I'm looking to replace my 1980 gs550E's ignitor after an RR incident. Are 650 and 750 (850 1100?) igniters interchable with the 550E's?

I read elsewhere that Part #'s are

but i hear that Suzuki used differnt part#'s for the same part on differnt models (bloody brilliant!).

I realize the Dyna S is really the way to go.... but I'm trying to go cheap untill I get her back on the road and sorted...

Thanks!
    i also heard that the dyna S was good to for the gs250t wich is the same igniter if i remember but i'm not sure wich one to take besause there's 3 model for 4 cylinder and only one for the two cylinder but for the gs400 wich was different
    i think it would fit but still not sure

Comment

You won't pay much more for a Dyna S than a stock ignitor. Those suckers are expensive, even on eBay, whereas a Dyna S is only $120 from z1enterprises.com. You won't regret it.

The install is super easy if you have a stock mechanical advance unit. Your '80 probably does, I'd guess. I was trying to do the motorcycle thing on a budget too but decided the Dyna was a much better value than getting some questionable unit off eBay and probably having to just replace it again when it died. That's the best part: the piece of mind. I don't worry about it leaving me stranded like the crappy stock ignition.

Comment

I know for a fact that the gs550 and gs650 ignitors are exchangable. I've done it.
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

You won't find one cheaper than this on ebay buy now no bidding.

If it will fit. I looked it up and it should work on my 81 GS750E. But I all ready have a spare off an 80 GS1100 that works perfectly so I don't need anymore of them.

Hope this gets you where you want to be....riding again.

Comment

Working...
          X