• Show
Clear All

gsxr1100 to gs1000

Im thinking of taking on a swingarm con/ion
    Has any one here taken this on?? and any thoughts about this mod

Iwould like to know any tips.

kind regards
    Mark

There must be two ways of doing this ,One is to make a compleaty new swing arm and put it back to the old way with the two shocks or Two cut the the frame ,eg battery mounts rear foot peg support and fit a mono shock, it looks like the gsxr swing arm is about two inchers longer ,which
    leaves a question for the handeling of the bike .

Mark

Comment

Read through this. I think this is similar to what you want to do.Swanny is doing this mod right now and has posted some great pictures of his work.

Gerry

Comment

I have a GSXR swingarm on my Katana 1170. I had it modded to take twin shocks, more because everyone else was mono-shocking theirs and I like to be a bit different. I can't say it made any great difference to the handling. Most people will tell you you have to cut and weld the rear footpeg hangers to clear the Gixxer arm but you don't, at least I didn't. It is a bit tight but not overly so. The biggest difference is the wider choice of tyres that the Gixxer wheel affords espically mated to the ZZR1100 front I put on. By the way anyone putting a ZZR11 front end on their bike, this set up looses you a lot of ride height.

Comment

On my '85 700 I didn't have room with the stock peg hangers for the swingarm I'm using, a '93 banana. I had to gain as much room as I could so I welded 1/4" steel plate right where the subframe joins the frame near the pivot point. I kept it as close to the outside edge of the frame as I could and bolted GSX-R rearsets to those. They look better and are quite a bit lighter than the stock arrangement. This may not be necessary for everyone, but it had to do it.

Comment

You bloody beauty,This is what I was looking for . Meany thanks to ya

Comment

Working...
            X