No announcement yet.

Steering Stabilizer info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim - Thanks for the pic of me working on my truck ! :-)

Comment

Now....... real riders go flat on on bikes without fairings...but when you get old and need one I suppose you go slower anyway )

Comment

Originally posted by saaz
        Now....... real riders go flat on on bikes without fairings...but when you get old and need one I suppose you go slower anyway )
        Not really. I guess most of us do slow down after a while, but if you read the many posts on this Forum you will see there is a wide spread of riding styles. After you've experienced a few years with the windblast, you find you really don't miss it behind the fairing and the fact that your neck and back do not ache even after several hours on the bike is a VERY nice feeling when you dismount and listen to the complaints of others.

You also get a longer riding season...or at least a longer comfortable
        riding season, (depending on your location) as the fairing lets you start earlier and continue later.

Never rode a bike with your fairing....but if it is a decent design, it should not cause a lot of disturbance at 100mph as most bikes will do that speed. The Windjammer 4 on a GS1100 is stable at 135mph
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

I had a full sports touring fairing on my bike for many years, so I know what it is like. For short trips I do now (say less than 800 kms in a weekend) I find it no big deal not to have one, unless it is really cold. But I don't go above 140kph for great stretches these days, polic etc are no fun any more )

I have a bikini fairing I will put on some time, but I am not in a rush.

Comment

The weather here makes for lots of cold riding, plus summer "mosquito season" the windshield helps alot ( the big ones + beetles hurt at 65 mph).
            Maybe the fork - mount shield not the way to go. I know windjammers available, but how about the correct mounts?

Comment

Working...
            X