No announcement yet.

Temp Guage and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, display stays on all the time and that's ok, cause it's an LCD and draws very little current. The Switched (orange) circuit is for the Backlight (totally useless), top three Lights and the Low-voltage Warning Buzzer. These red, yellow and green indicators on the top edge are great. Green is on at 12.5 volts and over, yellow is on above 11.8 and the red is on once the orange wire has power. At voltages below 11.5, there is a beep to warn you. Never had a problem with it running down the battery. One of these days I am going to tear into that thing and fix the backlight with a couple of high intensity blue LEDs.
    For about four years now I have had the plans for building a Vacuum-Forming machine, I think that is going to be my next shop project and the first thing I am going to vacuum-form is a clear cover for the voltmeter to protect it from those heavy downpours.

Comment

Thanks fpr the help. I will finish it up tonight and post a picture.

Comment

BTW Here's a pic of my bike now that she's all done. Shown in her "Touring Configuration":
        Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2006, 11:05 AM.

Comment

That looks great....you should post a pic taken at night, with the light show on .

Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

Considering it's a 20-odd year old bike, that's absolutely amazing. I would definitely enter it in a show just to see how many people say "hey, look at that old CB750......WTH???"

What is that white bike you're on in the second pic? Looks like it says Shadow on the tank....new body option?

Comment

Yup, took some doing to get the 650 where she is now, but it was worth every minute and every penny.
              The white bike is a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R and the color is an amazing "Pearescent White". Photo taken at the showroom of the Motorcycle Mall in New Jersey. I am seriously working towards that awesome machine as my from me to me birthday gift come April.

Comment

Originally posted by fwwrcpg View Post
                Well I got mine in yesterday went home and installed it looks great. But not sure it is working properly.
                The unit stay on all the time. With or without the key on.
                The top lights for the voltage do not appear to be working and absoulty no back light.

I ran the wires under the gas tank toward the battery.
                The red wire is connected straight to the battery and the orange wire is connected to the fuel gauge wires coming out of the gas tank.
                Ground is connected to the Fuel gauge ground as well.

I am planning on moving the red wire to the fuse box.

Is this unit on all the time? Or did I get a defective unit?

Also hooked up my running lights yesterday. They brighten up the highway.
                the orange wire needs to go to a switched power wire other than the gas gauge, the gauge has a resistor in it that cuts voltage going to the sending unit down to 5-6 volt range, that is why the back light and voltage tell tail lights are not working.

Comment

Ok I will swap it when I get home.
                  Thanks for the information.

Comment

My first thought was being careful not to turn the sending unit into an igniter!

Comment

Working...
                    X