X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference GSX1100/GS 1150 1984 Version A vs Version B

The GSX1100/GS1150 1984 was delivered with two different engine versions,

A for general markets with 122 Hp at 8.500 rpm
    B for Austria, Sweden, Switzerland and W. Germany with 100 Hp at 8.000 rpm.

The difference I know of, is the cams, and i have the 122 Hk cams installed.

There are also two different carb types specifyed Mikuni BS36SS:

Type 00A30 with Main jet #120 for cyl 1 & 4; #122 for cyl 2 & 3.

Type 00A00 with Main jet #120 for all four carbs.

I have the 00A00 with Main jet #120 in all carbs.

Does anybody know what carb type is for the 122 Hk (general) Version and if there are more differences than the main jets?

Does anybody know what the benefit is of having the two middle carbs richer?

Does anybody know of other differences for the A and B version?

There should be different types of ehaust systems as well?

Re: Difference GSX1100/GS 1150 1984 Version A vs Version B

Originally posted by kz
    Does anybody know what the benefit is of having the two middle carbs richer?
    The only reason I can think of is that the middle cylinders run hotter, so you need the extra fuel to cool them. This may be overstating it, but my wife's Virago, (V-twin) has the rear cylinder jetted richer, and this was the reason I was told. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I didn't know they made different motors for the 84 1150. I knew they sent different models to different places. I have the 84 efe Canadian model (122 hp?), That must be at the crank. I had my bike on a dyno after many modifications and it was 100 hp @ 7000 rpm then the clutch started to slip. The torque was 72 lbs @ 3500 rpm. I have the stock carbs in a box. I think the guy that built the motor had rejetted the carbs but I will have a look in the next couple of days to see what the jets are. Sorry I can't give you any info your looking for but you have given me some.

Gerry

Comment

Gerry,

Could you please have a look on your carbs if they are of the 00A30 or 00A00 type?

The type number is on the carb housing and you can see it if you look at the carb nr 1 http://medlem.spray.se/ocorsagsi/DSCF00071.jpg

Karl

BTW:

If you are interessted, you can see the camshaft specs. for the two models. http://medlem.spray.se/ocorsagsi/camshafts1gs1150.jpg

Comment

I looked at the carbs and the main jet was 125 in all the carbs. The stamp on the side is 00A 30 421. So this is the other carbs you were referring to I think. If you want any other info I would be glad to help. As far as the jets go I think they might have been jetted when the yosh pipe was put on (before it was mine) or when I had the 1199 kit put in.

Gerry

Comment

Thanks a lot Gerry,

My GS was originally a GSX1100 EF, Version B, swedish.

The former owner said that the first owner had changed to Version A camshafts, at the same time as the bike was brand new.

I meassured the cams installed and they correspond to the A version.

My question now is if he also made the correct carb mods, because I have the 00A00 carbs and if you have the 00A30 carbs they must be originally istalled for the A version.

According to the manual the 00A30 carbs should have the 122 jets in two middle carbs instead of the 120 jets.

Anybody who knows if I should change the jetting or just leave it as it is and drive on?

I have the carbs dismounted now for cleaning so the change is not any problem right now.

The bike seems to run as it should. (appart from the dirt I got into the carbs last autumn)

Comment

Working...
            X