Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant !

I just thought i'd say a few words reguarding mother nature ,, wata @#$@#

I just got home after work, its dark ranning and windy, I look for my bike and cant see it anywhere, Then I find it laying on its side, cover torn off , signal lights broken exhaust dented and covered in gas... and thats all i can see. I have no place to put it untill tomorow so I just wedged it in between my van and a fence untill tomorow, I'm gonna see if the landlord here has insurance for this sort of stuff, probably not, so i'll just order the parts on monday.

So to put it lighly, i'm mad! and sad and too tired to do anything about it

Note to self: The center stand will not hold you're bike up in heavy winds!
    Last edited by Guest; 10-29-2006, 12:02 AM.

That Sucks Dude, Hope the Damage is Minimal.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I imagine the cover acted like a big sail and increased the side force of the wind a lot. Still must have been a heck of a blow. Did they say the max MPH?

Comment

You must be in the Northeast today, huh? I had to try 4 different routes to get home today, 3 of them were closed due to downed trees and power lines. Power was out for hours. That's when I hopped on the bike, but it was scary out there. When I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it home, I got worried!
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Reported was 110 kmh :shock:

Comment

Working...
          X