carb question, missing part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb question, missing part?

Bike is a 1985 GS700e. I was going through the carbs today and found the air jet to vary from PICTURE 29 in the carb cleanup series. They have no springs, o-rings or washers. This may be a variable as to why it was performing poorly. Where can I find these items? I looked on bike bandit and I didn't see them. I realize that doesn't mean it isn't there. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Whene I buy a stage three dynajet kit, will all of these pieces be included?

Comment

I doubt you can get a dynojet kit for that bike as it is an older model, I couldn't for mine.

I( do not know what your carbs look like so I cna not answer your question. However are they on a rack, and how many carbs are there 2 or 4?

Comment

there are 4 carbs on the 700, just a modified 750, the carbs are Mikuni BS32SS, your basic CV carb.

I found a dynojet kit on ebay. I am willing to take the plung but still am not sure what is inside

Comment

Originally posted by rgierer View Post
          there are 4 carbs on the 700, just a modified 750, the carbs are Mikuni BS32SS, your basic CV carb.

I found a dynojet kit on ebay. I am willing to take the plung but still am not sure what is inside
          The BS32SS is the same carb that's used on the GS850G. The o-ring for the idle air screw is an oddball size, and Robert Barr is your man for those. You might have to buy the entire set of o-rings, but it's worth it. Keep the ones you don't use right away for later, if it comes to that.

I can't find the spring and washer you'll need in the parts diagram, but if you call your local Suzuki dealer or bikebandit.com, they should know what you're talking about and be able to get you the parts.

Incidentally, I think the idle air screw, spring, washer, and o-ring from the BS32SS on your GS700E are exactly the same as those from the BS34SS on my 80GS1000G, and probably many other Mikuni CV carbs, too.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2006, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Diagram

I am in DIRE need of a parts diagram for the bs32ss mikuni. If anyone has one, please post a link or even scan it for me. I would be forever in your debt.

Comment

Try www.motorcyclecarbs.com for gobs of info. Also a good source for parts. Kinda pricey.

On the GS Resources home page there is a how-to on re-building CV carbs. It's in The Garage section. Very informative with lots of pics.

Finally, the Dynojet kit will not have the parts you are looking for. But a carb re-build kit will. Best prices are usually found on ebay. I bought my from a seller named George Fix. Here's a link to his store. http://stores.ebay.com/GEORGEFIXS-MO...QQftidZ2QQtZkm I'm not sure if he lists the kit for your carbs, but he is very knowledgeable and will know which kit will work for you.

Comment

Take a look inside the port for the idle mixture screw. The spring, washer and o-ring might still be in there. Look closely with a flashlight. If they aren't get a rebuild kit that comes with some because the Dynojet kits do not.
                These guys will have anything you need.
                Last edited by chef1366; 06-15-2007, 03:09 AM.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Dang Tom. Same link.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                  X