shaft seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaft seal

So how much work is involved in replacing the seal between the transmission and final drive on a 82 1100 L model? This is why ime asking,looks pretty good http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/228033002.html The woman doesnt feel comfy on the back of my 82 1100E so maybe this will be the ticket and ill have the best of both worlds

pretty simple, you just have to remove the swing arm (4 bolts on drive shaft flange, two threaded swingarm bearing adjusters, three bolts securing caliper.

loosen case bolts on ether side of secondary gear box output shaft housing, and work it out.
    remove lock nut from middle (air impact makes this a no issue, no air impact and this is a issue) and separate parts, make sure to account for all shims.

Comment

thank you very much,and reassemble in reverse order/ correct?

Comment

Originally posted by jinxz View Post
        This is why ime asking,looks pretty good http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/228033002.html

Sooo...how did THIS one work out???

Comment

with no ph# its a waiting game that sometimes never happens

Comment

Yea...I saw this one late last night and noticed the ad was dated 10/30 so
            I figured it was gone already. No rush for me...good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jinxz View Post
              thank you very much,and reassemble in reverse order/ correct?

yes.
              the secondary gearbox output shaft assembly can be a bit stubborn, it mat also be possible to remove the bevel gear (left side behind cover shift shaft comes out of) and get at the back side to help it out with a brass drift.

when I did mine it took all of 30 minutes tops to remove the rear wheel and swing arm, and maybe another 30 minutes to work the output shaft assembly.

Comment

Working...
              X