Where can you get Japan only parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can you get Japan only parts?

Japan manufactured the Katana until 2000. There appears to be parts on the later bikes that would be an excellent upgrade to my 82 Kat. In particular I am trying to find the oil cooler shown on the Yoshimura custom Katana that have on their web-site. http://www.yoshimura-jp.com/en/compl...35r/index.html This cooler fits exactly where the fake cooler cover is located on the standard 82 Gs1000SZ. Yoshi says it is an OEM cooler. How do I order one from Suzuki Japan?

Ummmm... through Yoshimura US? That's where I'd start.

There was someone from Japan on this forum a while back, but I haven't seen a posting for a while. If we can find a GS rider living in or visiting Japan who understands both English and Japanese, they might be able to help out.

Won't be cheap any way you go, but you probably already knew that.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Yoshi DOES NOT say it is genuine, They say it is "Original" which means custom made. The oil cooler off an 1150 is the easiest "bolt-on" answer, or take a tape measure to a wrecker/breaker.junkyard/scrapyard and start measuring auto trans coolers up, find the size you need, have lines made up and swap in an 1150 oil filter cover.

Dink

Comment

just do a search for earls oild coolers, they should have any size/ look you want.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Go to www.advantage-net.co.jp/KATANAEVOLUTION.html ,they have it all !!

Comment

I think Dink is correct...they use the word 'original' to describe a lot of the trick special parts (swing-arm, triple clamps, hand bent exhaust system etc). Come to think of it, the parts on that bike easily exceed the $35,000 asking price....also just noticed the weight..around 450lbs, with 150 bhp\\/ .

Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Corrie View Post

except the cheapest part is about 1000 bucks
              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x
              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I get it now

Duh! They mean original as in one of a kind - not original equipment. Still it looked pretty cool. Maybe if i back my truck over an 1150 cooler......

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
                  except the cheapest part is about 1000 bucks
                  And dont forget that shipping is going to be high also.But, they do have some sweet stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X