Wiring Diagrams???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Diagrams???

Does anyone, or could anyone,kindly make a color copy of a 79-80 GS550L wiring diagram?? I need one to make my own custom harness that will not be as "spagetti like" as the stock one.:shock: \\/

Or also looking for a complete manual, can be used and loved (greasy), but has to be complete. For the same bike.

*bump* Anybody? I dont want to be a forum hog, just kindly bumping!

Comment

Here's access to a 77-83 Gs550 Manual. Don't forget to record the password. It's a large file (89 MB), and hopefully it will have the wiring diagram you need. If it doesn't, PM me your email address and I can send you an attachment with color copies of the wiring diagram for the 1980 GS1100ET and/or GS1100LT. It should be close enough to your bike to be usable.

Comment

thats the wiring diagram I need, but when I click the hyperlink it says I cant view it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopZooki View Post
          thats the wiring diagram I need, but when I click the hyperlink it says I cant view it?
          That's because the link is posted in the Off Topic forum, which is accessible to new members only after they have 10 posts. This is done to keep new members from freaking out at the many ill-considered topics and often pointless "discussion" there before they learn the general usefulness of the other forums.

Here is the post to which the link leads:

Originally posted by first timer
          HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY, I AM POSTING THE LINK HERE SO MEMBERS ONLY CAN ACCESS IT. AND PLEASE DON'T SELL IT

www.grimp.net/ryan/550/GS550_Service_Manual.zip dialup beware ===> 89 megs

PDF PASSWORD: iwillnotsell

-R
          Note that it is a very large file and it will not open without the password.

Comment

Thank's a million for the schematic! I got the bike wired up yesterday, and the not important stuff cut out. One question though, I am a little unsure of the wiring for the generator to the lights and battery. I have removed all the wires for all the lights, and in the diagram there are a couple wires that go from the generator to the light switch, what are they for and If they are important how can I rewire them?

thank's again

Comment

The wire to the light switch are for the 3rd leg of the stator, just wire the 3rd leg direct to the reg

Comment

Which wire on the reg?

Comment

Working...
                X