Cruiser?? or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruiser?? or not??

I'm fairly new to motorcycling, so I don't know the difference between a cruiser and whatever. The '82 GS850 I bought will need a lot of ebay purchaces, but I don't know if it is a GS850G or GS850GL. How do I tell. I think the turn signal lights are different, someone said the GL has a fuel level indicator - I don't know. Can anyone tell me what to look for?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Terry

Terry, the L models all have a tear drop shaped gas tank (as oppossed to the large rectangular shape of the G) - the side covers should have badges that state gs850g or gs850L (provided you have the side covers) - but the easiest way to tell is with the seat and the front forks - the seat on an L is 2 levels - low for the driver and high for the rider - the G seat is almost flat. The forks on an L model will have the front wheel mounted ahead of the forks and on the G model the front wheel will be mounted below the forks. Hope this helps 8)

Comment

You can also check out this web site - www.suzukicycles.org - there are photos and descriptions of just about every Suzi ever built 8)

Comment

Thanks, Leon. Looks like I have the GL. The seat that came with it is not the right seat, and there were no side covers. I've got a lot of work to do to restore it, but when I only paid 86.01 for it, I think I can afford to put some money into it. Just hope I didn't get shafted. Wait, I did get shafted.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by TheNose
          Thanks, Leon. Terry
          You can call me Ray or you can call me Jay (Mark works really well) ... just don't call me "Leon" 8)

Comment

Originally posted by shaftzuki
            Thanks, Leon. Terry
            You can call me Ray or you can call me Jay (Mark works really well) ... just don't call me "Leon" 8)
            I don't know why I had Leon on my brain. I think because I was reading about finding him a wife. It's been a long day too. Sorry Mark. Should we try to find a wife for you too? :roll:

Terry

PS Thanks Mark!

Comment

Well, I don't know about that...but I would like to meet all those in you avatar

Comment

Thanks, Leon. Terry
                I don't know why I had Leon on my brain. I think because I was reading about finding him a wife. It's been a long day too. Sorry Mark. Should we try to find a wife for you too? :roll:

Terry

PS Thanks Mark!
                Terry - that won't be necessary, I've been happily married to the same woman for just shy of 22 years now (she's been known to check these posts from time to time) 8)

Comment

Originally posted by saaz
                  Well, I don't know about that...but I would like to meet all those in you avatar
                  Check out this link. http://www.sistersmorales.com/press.html These are two of the nicest women I have met in a long time. Send them an email from Australia - they'd really appreciate it.

Terry

Comment

Terry - that won't be necessary, I've been happily married to the same woman for just shy of 22 years now (she's been known to check these posts from time to time) 8)
                    Happily married. I thought that was an oxymoron.

Terry

Comment

Terry

Comment

Terry
                        At times you could say that were true! My wife just "allowed" me to purchase my second GS!! How bad could it be Although, I'm sure her turn is to come ... 8)

Comment

Sorry Terry I am also "happily married" Queenie and I have been together sixteen years. She "allowed" me to buy the Tractor, and then SHE bought me a Katana1100 for christmas. Actually happily may not be the right term what do you think about ecstatic.
                          Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
                            Sorry Terry I am also "happily married" Queenie and I have been together sixteen years. She "allowed" me to buy the Tractor, and then SHE bought me a Katana1100 for christmas. Actually happily may not be the right term what do you think about ecstatic.
                            Dink
                            Okay, Dink. I know you have one of the special women in this world. I was one of the many guys on this site that was jealous when we saw that Katana. Besides, you know that Queenie reads these post too. Nothing like a little flattery to "butter-up" a woman. What are you trying to get her to let you buy now.

Terry

Comment

Okay, Dink. I know you have one of the special women in this world. I was one of the many guys on this site that was jealous when we saw that Katana. Besides, you know that Queenie reads these post too. Nothing like a little flattery to "butter-up" a woman. What are you trying to get her to let you buy now.

Terry
                              Another Katana As a project would be nice.BTW she never goes to the technical forums unless she is sent there
                              Dink

Comment

Working...
                              X