Engine Swap?? GS650GL 82 Shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Swap?? GS650GL 82 Shaft

Hey I was wondering what engines I could Swap in to the 650 Frame with out doing major Modifcations????

Also looking for the Thread about welding In More stablization because Im pretty sure if I put in a bigger engine in to the 650 frame I will really need more stablization then is provided with the frame..

The 550 and the 650 essential share the same frame. I've been told that the 650 chain will bolt into a 550 no problem. The 750 and up all share a similiar frame.

What this means for you though is that no engine is gonna swap that easy. Especially since you have a shafty, you're pretty much limited to a overbore or big bore kit and that's it.
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

so where can I find one of these kits and how much power will it increase ?

Comment

All i have to say is good luck!

As i'm sure you know, the states only had 3 model years ( 81-83 ), so there are not alot of performance kits for them.

Wiseco made a 740cc big bore kit for the gs650, but they are extremely rare. I have been looking for awhile now, and haven't found one...

I'm working on a homemade bigbore kit for this winter for my 650, but that's gonna be under wraps until i accomplish it. (or fail)
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Buy a bigger bike. The 650 is what it is and that's it. Plenty of 850 and larger machines. The 750 was only slightly more powerful, even the 4 valve motor was only around 78 hp. You can finda 1100 with around 105 HP on tap easy enough.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
          X