No announcement yet.

Difference between 1.85/2.15 rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mike i am just going to throw this out there, i have a 81 1100 e front end (leading axle but has offset tripal tree to make up for the leading axle) This front end has damping control and spring preload, any gs wheel will fit on it. it's dual disk too. i also have some tripal trees with the regular offset that will fit these forks, i can throw it in if the forks hit your tank. i just cleaned them out real good and replaced the seals in them so add oil and go. i'll sell cheap.

flame on if you think this is a shamless plug but really i am trying to help.

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

"Speedo drives on all models are the same thickness."

I am not so sure that is the case. I am in process of getting parts to fix 650g and have found that the speedometer drives between g and gl models are different in several ways. The thickness is close within 0.012in to each other but the big difference is the outer diameter where it mates with front rim. On my g model the drive fits into the wheel hub, not sure with gl since I don't have one. I presume that the gl drive has a rim that covers the wheel hub. I just realized this yesterday when trying to fit a speedo drive I had purchased from ebay.

I would try to use the speedometer drive that matches the wheel model. In other words, use the one that was with the wheel. A quick comparison check using bikebandit shows that the wheels are a different part number from g to gl in 650 at least. Not sure on other models.

Not sure if this applies in your case but may want to double check setup.

Comment

Working...
      X