carb balancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb balancing

Hello all. What is a cheap alternative for a manometer for balancing carbs? What do you all do? Also, on the bike I've just bought, there are no lines running from the two vent t's on the carbs. What are these t's supposed to go to? Thanks.

Year and model of your bike would help. Most people here use a synchronizer made by Motion Pro.......around $40.00 - $50.00

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
      Year and model of your bike would help. Most people here use a synchronizer made by Motion Pro.......around $40.00 - $50.00
      It's an '81 gs1100. Yeah, completely forgot to put that in the first post. ;-)

Comment

The two vent T's have hoses running from them from the factory. If you're running pods, leave the hoses off. If you have the factory airbox, run fuel line or vacuum line about 12" long from them. I'm not sure whether or not they go to the airbox on your model or just route to an out-of-the-way spot and hang loose.

Comment

Thanks guys! \\/

Comment

Make sure your valves are adjusted correctly before you do your synch. Keep your throttle wide open as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
              Keep your throttle wide open as well.
              WHAT the heck??? am i reading that rite? If he does that while performing a sync, his next post will be in the "Parts For Sale" forum.

Comment

Originally posted by nert View Post
                WHAT the heck??? am i reading that rite? If he does that while performing a sync, his next post will be in the "Parts For Sale" forum.
                Sorry, my bad. My "compression test" tape kicked in for some reason. Sorry.

Comment

ROFLMAO
                  Talk about pegging the needles.:shock:

Comment

Spacemule....are you there?....or are you revving your bike so high trying to synch.......

Comment

Originally posted by spacemule View Post
                      Hello all. What is a cheap alternative for a manometer for balancing carbs? What do you all do? Also, on the bike I've just bought, there are no lines running from the two vent t's on the carbs. What are these t's supposed to go to? Thanks.
                      For a cheap alternative, how about The $1.55 Carb Syncronizer.

On my engine (and probably on yours), the synch is performed at 1,750 RPM.

Comment

Working...
                      X