X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front sprocket sluggish move GS 1150 -84

Hi,

I have a GS 1150 E 1984.

When I tighten the front sprocket nut, to the specifyed torque the sprocket hardley rotates.

The spacer nr 46 (see attached picture) doesn't move, anybody know if it should move?

Or what have I missunderstod/done wrong?

not sure what may be wrong Karl, is the sprocket worn on the mounting faces?
    I dont think the spacer should move.
    Dink

Comment

Thanks Dink,

The sprocket is not worn, if the nut is not tight and only fingertightened and "locked" with the lock washer it workes, but then the sprocket is more or less loose on the shaft.

Have been driving like that since I changed the sprockets and chain about 12000 km ago, thougt it should be like that (I know, I should have known... ) until I read the manual specifying 10 kg torque for the nut.

Comment

Karl, I read the diagram as the bearing ( 38 ) seats/stops against the step down on the shaft (21) and the center of the bearing, the spacer (46) and the sprocket (45) all remain stationary relative to the shaft and rotate with the shaft. I dont see any reason why tightening the sprocket nut should have any effect on how freely the shaft rotates.

Earl
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks Earl,

Your explanation makes sence to me, and I think i have to remove the spacer and bearing for inspection.

Maybe the spacer or the bearing got stucked somehow.

Karl

Comment

Earl, you were right.

Today I have removed the spacer and could see that it was clogged.

Now everything works as you described, and I can tighten my front sprocket to specifyed torque.

Karl

Comment

Working...
            X