LED Turn Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stain View Post
    Swapped the two positive pins, still no flasher.
    Did you use the old flasher to determine which two pins are hot, or the new one? You'll have to use the old one to be sure.
    Is the fuse still good?
    Third pin is ground, correct? Is it actually gounded?

Comment

I used the old flasher to ck for B+
      I am assuming that the circuit is grounded knowing that the old signals work but I havent checked with a multi meter. Could this new flasher be NFG?

Comment

I used the old flasher to ck for B+
        I am assuming that the circuit is grounded knowing that the old signals work but I havent checked with a multi meter. Could this new flasher be NFG?

Could be... It doesn't work with the stock bulbs either, correct?

Comment

Just checked----the new flasher does NOT work with stock bulbs, BUT I also checked the third pin and that is NOT grounded. I am going to jump it to ground and ck it

Comment

Just checked----the new flasher does NOT work with stock bulbs, BUT I also checked the third pin and that is NOT grounded. I am going to jump it to ground and ck it
            Make sure there's no voltage to that third pin first.

(And don't fry anything! I won't be able to sleep tonight if I know I fried your harness from a 1,000 miles away):-D

Comment

No power at third pin--jumped to ground with new flasher--it buzzed like hell--blew 10amp signal fuse--out of glass 10amp fuses. Will go to store tomorrow and try again.
              Many thanks for the help and patience

Comment

No power at third pin--jumped to ground with new flasher--it buzzed like hell--blew 10amp signal fuse--out of glass 10amp fuses. Will go to store tomorrow and try again.
                Many thanks for the help and patience
                Doesn't look like I helped very much.

If you really want to figure it out...go here.
                Last edited by Guest; 11-17-2006, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Has anyone been able to get LED turn signals to work without having to use a high power resistor? I was going to start a new thread but since this one almost answers my question I figured I would bump it... Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgriz View Post
                    Has anyone been able to get LED turn signals to work without having to use a high power resistor?
                    Yes. My 550 runs all Leds with no resistors and a modded three terminal flasher.

Read this. http://www.mesa4x4.com/tech_articles...r/flasher.html
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X