Tech info needed VM28 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech info needed VM28 carbs

I have a set of VM28's with accelerator pump. I can't find any info on them anywhere. Does anyone have anything on them, or can you steer me in the right direction? A diagram/parts list would be what I need.
    Thanks.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

carb manual

The Mikuni Group manufactures superior products for a wide range of industries, including automotive, commercial vehicles, powersports, general purpose, household and safety, as well as export and sales of aerospace parts.

The Mikuni Group manufactures superior products for a wide range of industries, including automotive, commercial vehicles, powersports, general purpose, household and safety, as well as export and sales of aerospace parts.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2006, 11:39 AM.

Comment

those carbs came off like a kawasaki? Is it true they match right up to 2 valve 750s, 850s and 1000s? I heard you could even fit them in the same carb boots?

Comment

Originally posted by gerkin View Post
        http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf

http://www.mikuni.com/fs-carburetor.html
        Thanks, but I've already been through the entire mikuni site. There is nothing on these particular carbs.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by sambo View Post
          those carbs came off like a kawasaki? Is it true they match right up to 2 valve 750s, 850s and 1000s? I heard you could even fit them in the same carb boots?
          Yes, they match right up.
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

i think you are going to have to go to the dark side and join a kawa z1 website.......
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Bruce I Just got a set of 28's too. The top and float bowl gaskets are the same as the GS carbs. I got a pump rebuild kit from this guy
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-KZ650-KZ1000-ACCEL-PUMP-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35597QQihZ008QQitem Z180053325276
              no problems with it fits fine and the o-rings I got from Bob Barr. As far as jetting I am just going to put them on my GS1000 with the stock KZ1000 jetting and see how it runs. If it is rich or lean I will change jets and move the needle clip as necessary. It should not be too far off as the two engines are very close in design. I will run the stock air box. Dan
              Last edited by Guest; 11-20-2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Ruddock View Post
                Bruce I Just got a set of 28's too. The top and float bowl gaskets are the same as the GS carbs. I got a pump rebuild kit from this guy
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-KZ650-KZ1000-ACCEL-PUMP-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35597QQihZ008QQitem Z180053325276
                no problems with it fits fine and the o-rings I got from Bob Barr. As far as jetting I am just going to put them on my GS1000 with the stock KZ1000 jetting and see how it runs. If it is rich or lean I will change jets and move the needle clip as necessary. It should not be too far off as the two engines are very close in design. Dan
                Thanks, Dan

Can you shoot me a pic of your set-up? I am missing the spring or lever that goes to the pump arm, and I think I'm missing something under the pump on the bottome of bowl #2. It is a triangle with three screw holes in it. Also it appears that these carbs dont have the pilot mixture screws? Mine look like they are either missing or are capped.
                Also, looks like mine have #15 pilot jets and #115 mains.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

I will send you a pic of the linkage in few hours (need camera batteries) my carbs are in many pieces right now. The triangle piece is a item that was disabled on most of these carbs just plug any possible leaks that it might create. My carbs were plugged up from the factory. Yes these carbs only had air bleed mixture screws (IMO not as good a setup as the two screw GS setup). On the suzuki carbs you will see two progression ports in the carb throats and only one on the KZ carb. The jets in mine are #15 pilots/102.5 mains. Do you have an extra float I need one. I have a set of 28mm parts carbs maybe a part you need I will have. Sorry I don't an extra pump linkage piece you should be able to get that from wired george. Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X