dynojet stage 3 installation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dynojet stage 3 installation question

In the kit it indicates I should install the main air correctors. There is something in this hole now, should I remove it and if so how?

The main air corrector is a replacement main air jet. That should be the main air jet in the hole. A carb schematic looks like it's just a press fit. If your Dynojet instructions (like mine) show that the installation requires tapping lightly into place (with the flat end facing into the carbs), this would verify the press fit.

You should be able the remove the OEM main air jets (NOT main jets) by carefully pulling/levering them out.

Comment

I am really quite open to suggestions as to how to achieve the prying out of these items

Comment

I haven't done the removal or even seen the part other than in a schematic, so I am reluctant to give advice for something that doesn't have an obvious solution. With that disclaimer, from looking at the carb schematic it looks like you might be able to get a pick with a 45° bend in the inside hole and pull it out.

If this doesn't seem practical, I would be inclined to send an email or make a phone call to Dynojet for some expert advice.

Comment

FYI from dynajet
          The Dynojet corrector goes inside the original air jet. Do not remove the stock air jet!

Michael Cory

Research & Development
          Phone: 800-992-4993

Michael@Dynojet.com

Dynojet is the world leader in performance enhancement products for motorcycles and cars. Push the limit of your vehicle with our powersports vehicle parts.

Whether you're on the backroads ripping through the mud or cruising down the highway at 75 mph, our Dynojet Power Commander V can upgrade your ride. Order now.

Dynojet's Wideband O2 sensors take your vehicles optimization to a new level. It features a wider fuel tuning capacity and increased data logging capability.

Comment

Sorry I gave you bad advice, but the parts list description for the main air corrector, part no. DCO301 in Dynojet's instructions is incorrect and misleading.

I said that the main air corrector was a replacement for the main air jet because I used Dynojet's PDF instruction file - part no 3103.003 for U.S. models GS1000,1000 8-valve Stage 1&3. The main air corrector is part no DCO301. In the Parts List DCO301 is described as Main Air Jet.

I'm glad that you contacted Dynojet to get the right answer.

Comment

Working...
            X