Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have scanned GS750ES and GS700ES articles

All,

Don't know why I never got around to this - I have two articles scanned, a review of the 1983 GS750ES and one of the 1985 GS700ES.

They're .pdf files, and pretty good resolution (zoomable). I can email them out, but they're too big for dial-uppers. PM me your email address and I'll send them out - details below:

GS750ES - Cycle magazine, June 1983
    7 pages including specifications, 4.9 megs

GS700ES - Cycle World magazine, March 1985
    5 pages including specifications, 2.2 megs

I have some other reviews, plus some comparisons (vs. the 1983 Interceptor, for instance). I bought several 1983 magazines from eBay last year, but have moved since. I'll dig them up and scan those articals as well - as I find them.

-Q!

Bump.

I emailed everyone that PM'd me - if you haven't gotten anything, please let me know.

For those that I sent the articles to, please confirm that you got them. If your server bounced them because they were too large, you probably won't even know that I sent them.

-Q!

Comment

Just went through my magazines and found a few more articles. I'll get them scanned in over the weekend, as my fascist employer wants me to work tomorrow. Oh, wait - that would be me.

Anyways, here's what I have:

GS750ED, 6-page road test "Quickest and Lightest" - Cycle Guide, August 1983

"Pulling Out The Stops", GPz750 vs. GS750ED 9-page comparison - Cycle Canada, May 1983

"King of The Heavyweights", single-page review of the GS1100E - Cycle, June 1983

"The Stars of 1983", 2-page review article for Suzuki's 1983 model lineup (contains blurbs about the GS1100ES, GS1100S, GS750E/ES, GS550E/ES, XN85, & GR650) - Cycle World, January 1983

"In Search of The Free Lunch", Intake & Exhaust Modification How-To using a 1983 GS1100E as the test bike, 7-page article - Cycle Word, January 1983

GS1100E 2-page advertisement "Fly a Legend" - Cycle, June 1983

GR650/GR650X Tempter 2-page advertisement "State-of-The-Art Tradition" - Cycle, June 1983

ADDITIONS BELOW

3-article series from Performance Bikes (UK) from July/August/September 1995 where the staff had a challenge to buy & hop-up a bike on a budget for a track-day competition. The bikes were an '83 GS750ES , '85 VF750 Interceptor, '85 RD350LC, and a Yamaha TDR250 - very cool read!)

Yoshimura 1983 GS750E review, 5-pages - Motorcyclist, January 1984 (forgot about this one - got it from Kevan Welch about 3 years ago )

GS750ESF (1984) 2-page factory sales brochure (UK)

I also have the article below scanned for someone else - don't know if any of you own a Venture....

Yamaha XVZ12TK Venture, 14-page road test "King of Touring" - Cycle, June 1983

I'll probably just upload these to my server - PM me and I'll send you the link, or post it in my sig line.

If any of you have any GS-series articles, adverts, or brochures, I'd be more than happy to host them for sharing.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving,

-Q!

(I'll probably scan the rest of the articles, too - there's a top 10 for 1983, road test of the CB1100F, VF750 Interceptor, CB550/650SC Nighthawks, GPz1100, Seca 750, XR350/500 etc., along with several loose articles and brochures for the 1990-1993 VFR750F. When I get around to them, I'll host 'em for download as well. It seems people pay lots of money to online search companies to compile photocopies of advertisements and articles for a particular vehicle. Don't really see how it's legal to sell photocopies....? Anyways, they'll be available to anyone as long as my bandwidth holds up )
      Last edited by Guest; 11-24-2006, 03:29 AM.

Comment

I'll PM this too, just want to keep the thread alive. I'd like a copy of the In Search of The Free Lunch article.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
          I'll PM this too, just want to keep the thread alive. I'd like a copy of the In Search of The Free Lunch article.

Got your PM - will try to get it out tomorrow night.

Comment

got the atricles. Came through Super!

Comment

PM sent.

Blah blah message too short.... There we go. ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X