GS850 Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Carbs

I also listed this in the WANTED section, but am afraid I might not get an answer to the technical question ---- does anyone know of the interchangability aspect/possibility of the GS850 and the GS300 carbs? Are they the same body sizes?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have an extra carb body that they would like to get rid of for a good price?

I am in need of a carb body for a 1980 GS850L. I don't need (but of course can always use spare parts) any of the other misc. parts such as jets, diaphragm, bowl, etc......just body only.

During rebuild of original set, the pilot jet, which was already stripped, would not come out for cleaning. Therefore tried to carefully drill it out, whereby the #$@% drill bit broke off in the hole. Took it to a shop to get this remedied....they tried to drill it out then with a cobalt drill bit....which also broke. Needless to say, it now looks like a "molten" mass in there...body is probably no longer usable with the clogged up hole.

There is a set of carbs on eBay for sale ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=34284 ) for a GS300L, that look exactly like mine. I emailed seller, and the dimensions he gave me don't really jive with those I have (maybe he was just really off 'cause he measured with a crappy ruler).

In any case, dimensions on my carbs are: ID (engine side) 32mm, and the OD (airbox side) 53mm. Would really appreciate it if someone could help out...or for info on what other bike sizes have carbs that are the same.

Don't know if it helps, but there is a barely readable # on the body: believe it says: 45110 C9Z9
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Have you tried running a cross reference on Bike Bandit? This can help.

Comment

Found these on ebay and I think they would be a closer fit for you http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35597 they are listed as being the same part # on bike bandit.

Comment

If you still need the carb , I have a set that will fit , plus spare parts if you them.......

Comment

Thanks for your help to all that responded.

Yes, I did try and cross-ref at the Bikebandit site (thanks for that hint, Dallyr), but maybe I'm doing something wrong with the p/n's. According to their schematic...the p/n for a carb on my bike is 1 13201 thru 13204 dash 45110 (it depends on which number carb it is....and in my case, it doesn't really matter - I can drill/plug the necessary fuel holes to make any one work). I tried quite a few...including the GS1100 size (thanks for your help on finding those, DGeorge)...and they give different part #'s for their carbs (in this case, a ...-49220).

I realize that the #'s I am talking about aren't for the body itself, but 1 body, with all necessary parts to make 1 complete subassembly/carb, but still, if the same size...should be same part #, right? For example, the GS300 carbs I listed above that are up for sale on e-Bay, ....BikeBandit schematic shows them as being a (13201 or 13202) - 11500. If the carb body was same size as that on my GS850L....wouldn't it be listed as a (13201 or 13202) - 45110? Or the the single carb assembly part # different, because it might contain a different size jet?

In any case....I do thank y'all for your help. and Marty.....if your offer is still good, and you sure it's the same size, I'd like to get one of them carb bodies from you. Just let me know what you want....

Thanks again
          Frosty

Owner of:
          1982 GS1100E

Comment

Frosty, I will check to make sure it will fit and let you know , how does that sound?

Comment

You bet, Marty..........sounds good to me.

I guess you guys over there in GA ain't half bad after all.......

Owner of:
              1982 GS1100E

Comment

Each carb body is a unique part due to the fuel and vent connections. The carb bodies are the same as the GS650 bodies. I would get a complete set from someone and keep your originals for spare parts.

Comment

Frosty, I don't think I have the same ones you have but I do have a set of carb's that I'm sure will work for you. e-mail me @ rpierce55@attbi.com and I will tell you what I'm selling them for.

Comment

You can't go by Bikebandit's numbering system. I have an '85 GS700 that is basically the same as the '83 750. They share practically all the same parts except a few. But Bikebandit shows different numbers for every part I've ever looked up that are common to both models.

Comment

Having worked in Suzuki spare parts I can tell you that there is a method to there madness(well sort of). All bikes(&car) parts are individually numbered for each model, this works GREAT for Suzuki. It means without a LOT of time and patience on your hands you will never know that the part listed for another model for $2, is exactly the same part as listed for your bike for $27. As I said this work exceptionally well for Suzuki.It really sucks from our point of view though.
                      Dink

Comment

Working...
                      X