No announcement yet.

GS1000 oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used one of Terry's adapters... works a treat, and I was able to rout the lines to the cooler underneath the tank, so that (IMO) it's all tidy and out of the way.

I ended up using a cooler off a GSX 750EF (or something like that); anything bigger just wouldn't fit in well between the tacho cable beneath and the bikini fairing (with the steering on full lock) above.

Comment

wow

All you guys rock

Comment

stuff

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
        That setup looks great! What kind of adapter did you use?

Its one of terry adaptors (sherriffbuck@yahoo.com) but modified to suit larger oil lines as he makes them for rubber hoses. More pics on here http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGS1000sredones Message me if you like more details on what i did. And you PM message box is full.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
          That setup looks great! What kind of adapter did you use?
          That's one of Terry's adapters. I bought one for my GS1100. Worked fine. Then I switched to an 1150 EFE cover. So Terry's setup is no longer needed. Here's what it looked like on my bike.

I now use -6 AN fittings & SS braided lines on both my bikes. Got them from Summit Racing. A lot less expensive than Earl's, or Russell's. Sorry, I have no pics yet of either bike. I'll hafta get some.

Comment

How much more oil did you have to add to your bikes when using an oil cooler?

Comment

With my set-up having the lines running over the top of the engine, I'm using about 2/3 qt. over normal.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Well I estimate it could only have been about 100ml or so... but I can't be sure, 'coz I've never taken the oil & hoses off the bike, and measured the volume of oil it takes to fill them. So take Renobruce's estimate.

But look, all I do is what I've ever done after an oil change, ie. fill the oil to the upper level on the sight-glass, then run the engine for a couple of minutes, let the oil settle, then top up to the upper level again. Then forget about it.

Comment

Hey thanks for the kind words guys, here's a pic of the new MK5 version of my adapter. I also do complete kits now, if anyone's interested? Cheers, Terry.

Comment

That's tight Terry!!!!\\/
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
                      Hey thanks for the kind words guys, here's a pic of the new MK5 version of my adapter. I also do complete kits now, if anyone's interested? Cheers, Terry.
                      Nice looking Terry. Can you please provide more details on the kits?

Comment

Working...
                      X