Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring question

Hi Folks!
    I have a 77 gs 750 with a charging problem. I have a new r/r to install from electrux and a new whatchycallit with 2 wires coming from it, one yellow and one black. The whatchycallit mounts below the r/r, facing down. What is this thing called?
    Coming from the harness near the battery case is an orange wire going to the canister mounted to the side of the r/r. ( signal relay). A red wire that goes to the r/r, and two white wires, one with a green stripe and one with a red stripe. The two white wires with the red and green stipes are not connected to anything. they have connectors, but nowhere to plug them into. Can anyone tell me what these wires are for? I did notice that an aftermarket electonic ignition was installed under the tank. Wondering if these wires were for the stock ignition. Thanks in advance for any info!!!!

The early 750 had a separate regulator and rectifier. The rectifier bolts on the side of the battery box and the regulator bolts to the bottom. Not sure off the top of my head what wires go where, but that should be in the manual. I can send you a color wiring diagram if that would help.

Fortunately I've never had to mess with the electrics on mine. Maybe others can give you more helpful info.

Comment

wiring diagram

That would be great. Thanks in advance!!

Comment

I really don't want to fire her up until I find out what the white wires with the red and green stripe are for. I don't want to fry the new parts. Any additinal help woud be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X