Progressive shock advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive shock advice

I want to replace the stock suspension on my GS850L. I'm looking at Progressive rear shocks right now. The Progressive site recommends the standard 412 series. I often ride with a pillion, and of course, the stock rear suspension often bottoms out. Will the standard 412 series improve this situation, or will I be wishing for something more heavy duty. My weight is ~185, and my pillion is 145 or less. Advice?

ime lookin at these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I got the same series on my 750 and was very impressed. I weigh ~185 myself and have had no issues with just my standard springs... If your goign to be carrying cargo all the time you might want to consider the heavy duty spring... even with my weight near the max of the standard spring I have not used the full adjustment with my shocks as they are now... If you haven't talked to one of the helpful reps progressive has give them a call and tell them your situation and see what they recommend.

For me the occasional passenger on standard springs has not caused problems.

good luck

Comment

It just so happens...

I am selling a 13 inch eye to eye like new set of Progressive Suspension 412 series shocks on Ebay right now.~Gene

Comment

What a coincidence! .....

Comment

I use Progressive rear shocks with dual heavy duty springs. I'm 6'6" and 300#. I often ride with my wife and the shocks never bottom out the bike handles great.

P.S. I also have Progressive fork springs. You should really do both.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X