Pinlock Anti-Fog Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinlock Anti-Fog Shield

Now that winter is upon (most of) us, any updates on the functionality of the Pinlock Anti-Fog Shield for myShoei RF-1000? With my chin curtain in, my breath goes back up and fogs my shield. Without it, cold air blows up my neck and onto my face. Cracking the shield open every few minutes is a pain in the butt. Breath guard works (so long as the chin curtain is not installed) but again cold air permeates the helmet. I've read the threads re: shaving cream, dishwashing soap, etc, but the Pinlock sounds interesting in that no more drilling of old shields is required, now that they sell a pre-drilled shield to accomodate the insert. Anybody using this now, and have any comments (besides STOP BREATHING!) which my wife has suggested, over and over again. Thanks, Larry

Larry; I've had better than acceptable luck with Rain-X anti fog. I use it on the sled helmets during the winter months and aside from greatly reducing the fog on the inside of the face shield, it works wonders for everything that gets splashed on the outside of the shield, it rarely gets ice stuck to it and water and snow sheds off perfectly.
    Just a thought. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
      Larry; I've had better than acceptable luck with Rain-X anti fog. I use it on the sled helmets during the winter months and aside from greatly reducing the fog on the inside of the face shield, it works wonders for everything that gets splashed on the outside of the shield, it rarely gets ice stuck to it and water and snow sheds off perfectly.
      Just a thought. :-D
      I would second that thought. I like the Rain-X products, and use them on the windshield as well as helmet.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

have been using visor inserts for 2 years the first and most exspensive [£15]fog city came unstuck after 6 months,,the 2nd [oxford]was bought from ebay for about [£5] has been fitted for last 18 months ..both work really well
        Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2006, 11:46 AM. Reason: error

Comment

Working...
        X