Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Position of the vacuum line between the cabs for my 1000S???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position of the vacuum line between the cabs for my 1000S???

Hi guys and girls, I'm getting ready to start it up again after I replaced the head gasket and I could'nt find this with the search fuction for my type of bike. The vacuum line from the petcock goes in an opening between the carbs between carbs 1+2, 2+3 or 3+4 wich one do I use on my bike , I've heard that the 2-valve and the 4-valve models are different about if I remember correctly. I'm charging the battery right now and will be ready in about 3 hours so I hope I can start it then.

(And hope it doesn't make any loud,expensive noises 8O )

Depends on the type of carbs. With CV carbs the vacuum line is connected to carb #3; with slide carbs to carb #2.

Comment

not between the carbs

I am not 100% sure about your model, but on my 78 GS1000 and 81 GS1000G the vacuum line does not go between the carbs, it goes directly to a port on either carb 2 or 3. The "T connection" in between the carbs is a vent for the carb fuel bowls.

Comment

On my GS 1150 E 1984 the vaccum line is connected to the second carb.

Comment

Originally posted by kz
          On my GS 1150 E 1984 the vaccum line is connected to the second carb.
          Sitting on the bike it should be carb #3

I checked the picture of Robin's GS1000S; it has slide carbs, so the vacuum line connects to carb #2 (sitting on the bike, second carb from the left).

Comment

Jojo,

Sitting on the bike, counting from the left, it is carb two.

OBS! This is a GSX1100/GS1150 E 1984

Comment

So the vacuum line goes on the second carb form the left, thus the line goes between carb #1 and #2. I'll let you guys know if it works.THANKS

Comment

Could you guys let me know where the three vacuum lines on the carbs on my '78 GS750E go? #2 vacuum line is going to the petcock and #3 & #4 vacuum lines go to nothing. Thanks, Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BobMachus
                  Could you guys let me know where the three vacuum lines on the carbs on my '78 GS750E go? #2 vacuum line is going to the petcock and #3 & #4 vacuum lines go to nothing. Thanks, Bob
                  They are supposed to go nowhere. They are vent lines. Just leave them where they are

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
                    So the vacuum line goes on the second carb form the left, thus the line goes between carb #1 and #2. I'll let you guys know if it works.THANKS
                    Robin:

It goes to carb #2, not between #1 and #2! There is a connection on the left side of carb #2.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo
                      So the vacuum line goes on the second carb from the left, thus the line goes between carb #1 and #2. I'll let you guys know if it works.THANKS
                      Robin:

It goes to carb #2, not between #1 and #2! There is a connection on the left side of carb #2.
                      That's what I said you Queen freak. :twisted:

Comment

Thanks guys........you might wanna lighten up a bit there Robin, he's just trying to help.

Bob

Comment

JoJo is correct, #2 vacum line goes to the petcock and #3 and #4 run over the top of the airbox on the right side. (when sitting on the bike) On the aft right side close to the top, you will see a small bracket, that bracket is for inserting the #3 and #4 lines through just to hold them in place.

Earl

Originally posted by BobMachus
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Well robinjo, THAT was certainly uncalled for.
                            Couldnt we please try to be a little more mature?

Earl

That's what I said you Queen freak. :twisted:
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Uhm...that wasn't meant in an angry way what so ever I thought Harry could take a little joke from a fellow Dutchman like that. The last thing I want is to get you guys angry.

OFFICIAL APOLIGY, HARRY WILL YOU PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY STATEMENT *GETS DOWN ON HIS KNEES*

Comment

Working...
                              X