Engine gurus: GS1000 vs. GS750 exhaust port spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine gurus: GS1000 vs. GS750 exhaust port spacing

GSR member odl777 mentioned that he made a pre 1999 Bandit 1200 work on his 1979 GS750 by cutting off the Bandit exhaust flanges and welding on his GS flanges onto the Bandit header. I think this is wicked smart and the result must be awesome.

I'd like to do the same on the GS1000, but don't know if the exhaust ports have the same spacing between the GS750 and GS1000. If the exhaust ports are a different width, then that means the header downpipes have different spacing, and this won't work. Does anyone know if the spacing is the same or different between the 750 and 1000?

If possible, I'd like to cut the flanges off the GS1000's Vance and Hines header, and weld them to the downpipes on a Bandit 1200 header so the GS1000 will have a 4 into 2 into 1 collector for better ground clearance.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2006, 03:05 AM.

GS(X)1100's & GS1000 will interchange on headers, & a GS(X)750 & 1100 will also interchange, so you should be good to go.

Dink

Comment

DO NOT CUT THOSE FLANGES OFF!!! I have GS750 flanges already cut off laying in my basement. Dont ruin a perfectly good exhaust. Im looking for a 4 into 1 header. Perhaps if your getting rid of your exhaust and we can work out some deal for my flanges and your exhaust and some money. Pm me.

Comment

Port spacing is the same but diameter on the Bandit is smaller.

Comment

Working...
        X