Moisture inside my guages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moisture inside my guages?

Now that it's cold out, i've noticed on the past severall rides I am getting moisture on the inside of my guage lenses, but only on the smaller fuel gage, and the oil temp gage. My speedo and tach do not. Any other folks get this issue? After about 3 hours of riding, the moisture does go away.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2006, 02:46 PM.

There's something about that plastic that loves to condense water on the inside. I've had it happen on the T on humid summer days when the outside temp is warmer than the temp in the garage. I have no idea how to fix but you might try a little rain-x coating if you feel like taking it apart. It may also be possible to seal it up a little better so it has time to adjust to changing air and temperature. Like you said it dries up quick so I don't think you're doing any damage if you just forget about it.

Comment

ditto on my 1100ez

Comment

Usually only on the fuel and oil temp gauges.
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

We don't have the same climate as you but is the bike covered with a blanket or at least a towel over the instruments if parked in the sun? This keeps heat and moisture away and the whole bike benefits.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I've had it happen after washing my bike and not carefully overspraying around the instrument cluster. It's never caused any electrical problems and usually evaporates when heating up setting in direct sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
              We don't have the same climate as you but is the bike covered with a blanket or at least a towel over the instruments if parked in the sun? This keeps heat and moisture away and the whole bike benefits.
              I park my GS is a garage with a light cloth M/C cover. The garage however is shaded and tends to be damp feeling in the colder months. I'm just miffed as to why ONLY the small temp and fuel guages generate mositure, and not the tach and speedo??????

Comment

Ditto, I have the same thing, and I always thought it was weird too.

If I go on a road trip (just about the only time the bike sleeps outside) the small gauges will be fogged from the inside. But the big clocks are fine!

WTF??
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                X