Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choke cable and other musings

I have recently picked up a 83 GS750T.

I have pulled of the carbs and found the coke cable buggered. I am seeking counsel as to how to remedy this as choke cables do not seem to be easily found.

I pulled the carbs off for a cleaning and o-rings and found the intake pipes (not standard carb boots) to be splitting so I will need to replace those. Again a good source would be nice. Bike bandit will sell me 4 for 48.00 +, I assume that is about as god as it gets.

I am trying to bring this bike back to original and the front forks are apart. The triple tree had been switch with an unknown front end and I am planning to go back to the original. I have most of the parts but am missong a few (like the piece the handle bars bolt to.

I could ramble on but feel like I am going inot topics for other forums.

First the choke cable and intake pipe questions.

Originally posted by rgierer View Post
    I have recently picked up a 83 GS750T.

I have pulled of the carbs and found the coke cable buggered. I am seeking counsel as to how to remedy this as choke cables do not seem to be easily found.

I pulled the carbs off for a cleaning and o-rings and found the intake pipes (not standard carb boots) to be splitting so I will need to replace those. Again a good source would be nice. Bike bandit will sell me 4 for 48.00 +, I assume that is about as god as it gets.

I am trying to bring this bike back to original and the front forks are apart. The triple tree had been switch with an unknown front end and I am planning to go back to the original. I have most of the parts but am missong a few (like the piece the handle bars bolt to.

I could ramble on but feel like I am going inot topics for other forums.

First the choke cable and intake pipe questions.
    If all else fails you could try action cycles down by leeds..Does it have the cv carbs?

Comment

yes, it does have the CV carbs. The little barb at the end of the choke cable is gone and it just has some frayed cable left.

Comment

YOUR boots do not have O rings. Choke cable re starter cable
        # 58410-45931 www.Alpha-Sports.com up dates it to 58410-45X01
        may be an aftermarket cable

Comment

Thank you,

Comment

Working...
          X