Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 GL EXHAUST: 4 in 1 instead of standard 4 in 2

Hello,

I recently bought an 'extra' GS1100GL for spare parts. That bike has a nice 4 in 1 exhaust instead of my standard GS1100.
    If I would put that 4 in 1 exhaust on my standard GS, would that automatically mean that I have to do some work on the carbs as well ?
    Other jets ? Or can I just put an exhaust from one GS1100 onto another one ?

many thanks for helping me out.

best regards,

gert

You will have to re-jet if you go from a four into one. I had to increase my main jets from a 112.5 to a 120 in order to get the plugs to look right. If you do not increasee your mains you will run way to lean.

Scud

Comment

That should be if you go 'with' the four into one, not from......

Scud

Comment

I have an 82 gs1100glz i originally bought for parts. I put a front end on it instead and now i have (3) 82 gs1100glz bikes. The other (2) are stone stock and standard. This parts bike has a 4 into 1. The muffler is hollow, NOTHING inside, just a hollow can. It runs like its scarred!!!.
        The stock CV carbs have ALL the stock jets in them and all the stock adjustments. Plugs look fine, been running it for years with (3) differant riders. (me and (2) sons)

Comment

Working...
        X