• Time
  • Show
Clear All

fouling plugs

number two and four plugs constantly fouling and misfiring now and a gain

any ideas?

edit i just changed the coils and it hasn't made that much differenece
    1978 Suzuki GS750 4\1 harris race

Are they fouling with oil or gas Gas; black dry look. Oil; black wet look.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Have you seen this page?:

It's an excellent resource. Note the section on float height and fouling plugs.

Also be sure your idle mixture screws are set right. A little too rich at idle and they'll foul.

If you've changed the coils with no result, make sure you also test the voltage at the coils. If you're not getting 12v or darn close, you'll foul plugs.

But of course if they're fouling with oil you're in for a bit more work...

Comment

they are black and dry i will test voltage on coils later and post results,
        i have tochange plugs regular but also my carbs need balanced
        thanks

Comment

Did you inherit this problem or did the bike just suddenly start doing this?
          A simple thing such as incorrect pilot fuel screw (underneath) adjustments and/or side air screw adjustments could foul plugs as you say.
          The pilot fuel screws should be approx' 1 1/4 turns out from LIGHTLY seated on your bike and the side air screws initially set to 1 3/4 turns out and then fine adjusted using the highest rpm method.
          Try these basic adjustments and test.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

had carbs balanced seems ok now

Comment

Working...
            X