Coils - What ones do I buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
    Well the growl came back & it seems it's a vibration, probably the coils just touching inside of the tank.

Anyone else had that with the Dyna greens?

Perhaps I could use different bolt holes to move them back bit or something.

I also removed the nut from on top of the ally spacer to bring the coils up about 1/8" to give me a bit more room for the HT leads & caps below. Perhaps I should add the nut back in to move them back down. I think if I do it with all wires already connected I should have room to do this.

Failing all else maybe I could fix some rubber in there to cushion the vibration but that seems like a bodge to me...

Seems like the Accel ones are a bit smaller in the pics so perhaps they are easier to fit.

Dan

"I have these on my 1000 and they bolt straight on. My is a 1000st and ures should be the same" Im sure i said this, oh well! They are smaller and fit right in the "right' way round.

Comment

Ha-ha yes you did but I already had wires bought & paid for & yours were 50 bucks more expensive than the Dyna's plus Z1's was open over Christmas & able to ship quickly.

These have bolted straight in, I guess I just need to play with "bolt configuration", I changed it from the stock as I thought it would help give me some room but I guess there is probably a good reason for it to be the way it was & this is it

I actually have a couple of alternate bolt configurations to try & an extra mounting hole on the coil plus one extra in the frame so plenty of ways to move it about, just hoping someone else has done the experimentation already With the bolts as stock it's pretty tight. My mistake was probably to connect up the wires to the coils after fitting the coils. If I'd connected wires first then I wouldn't have needed the "finger clearance".

Cheers,

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
      X