Fuel Overflow Bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Overflow Bottle

1978 GS1000, set up for race, has an overflow bottle under the right side cover. The hose runs from the bottle to the top of the motor (can't exactly see because under tank).

Please explain what this overflow is for and what is indicated if there is actually fuel in the bottle. I have emptied now, but you can see the dark line on the bottle. I saw this set up on the OLDSKOOLSUZUKI site for Wes Cooley's bike.

Thanks, John

its the breather overflow, sometimes oil will come out of the valve cover.

Comment

A friggin' baby bottle for an overflow, I love it! :-D
      Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o..._Avatar1_1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
        its the breather overflow, sometimes oil will come out of the valve cover.
        Exactly. When you have pods you loose the tube going back to your air filter box. That hose will puke out this oily, watery stinky stuff, especially if it's cold. I have mine routed under the seat to a little catch cup strapped to the frame, and a K&N crankcase filter on it.

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
          Exactly. When you have pods you loose the tube going back to your air filter box. That hose will puke out this oily, watery stinky stuff, especially if it's cold. I have mine routed under the seat to a little catch cup strapped to the frame, and a K&N crankcase filter on it.

Now that looks tacky...what matching filter? Pods? Braided Lines? Pollished? AND DIRTY!!!! Go with the Evenflo bottle, when the kid's crying, slip him/her the bottle! :-D Nice Ride Bruce!!! [-(

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
            Now that looks tacky...what matching filter? Pods? Braided Lines? Pollished? AND DIRTY!!!! Go with the Evenflo bottle, when the kid's crying, slip him/her the bottle! :-D Nice Ride Bruce!!! [-(
            Thanks, Dave! :-D
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
            X