Needle Valve And Seat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
    You can soak the float needle seat with the screen on.
    Good luck. Once done you'll see it really isn't a big deal and you will feel a warm fuzzy feeling inside the first time you start it. Do you have some kind of synchronizing tool?
    I dont,but I know someone who does and I will borrow it after bench syncing and getting everything back together.Also what size fuel line do you use?Suzuki told me 1/4" but I have heard of people using 5/16".but I dont know if they were talking about the bs 32 ss cv carbs.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
      I dont,but I know someone who does and I will borrow it after bench syncing and getting everything back together.Also what size fuel line do you use?Suzuki told me 1/4" but I have heard of people using 5/16".but I dont know if they were talking about the bs 32 ss cv carbs.
      I've got 5/16 on mine without clamps and have had no issues with leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
        I've got 5/16 on mine without clamps and have had no issues with leaking.
        Im glad to hear that.The 1/4" I have on now took hours of heating and stretching and a heck of a lot of muscle to get on.I will be using the blue urethane fuel line,probably what you have too, with no clamps.Its going to rain all weekend so I will be hanging out in the garage till this bike is done.

Comment

Im glad to hear that.The 1/4" I have on now took hours of heating and stretching and a heck of a lot of muscle to get on.I will be using the blue urethane fuel line,probably what you have too, with no clamps.Its going to rain all weekend so I will be hanging out in the garage till this bike is done.
          Well now that is something to envy...a weekend in the shop with rain hitting the roof! Add a bear or two and fire up the wood burner and you have heaven on earth. Good luck and give me a heads up when the front springs are in and tested.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! \\/

Comment

Well now that is something to envy...a weekend in the shop with rain hitting the roof! Add a bear or two and fire up the wood burner and you have heaven on earth. Good luck and give me a heads up when the front springs are in and tested.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! \\/
            The springs should be in next wednesday. That should be easier than working on carbs!

Comment

Maybe...the jury is still out. I'll take the carbs myself! :-D

Comment

Maybe...the jury is still out. I'll take the carbs myself! :-D
                Another question,Did you put your o-rings on over the screen sid or the other end? I ask lot of questions dont I! LOL!!! My Dad always said "The squeeky wheel gets greased"!

Comment

If I remember correctly, I rolled them down from the other end, opposite of the screen? It was a while ago but I think that is correct? I think I had the idea that it was too much of a stretch to get them over the screens.

Comment

If I remember correctly, I rolled them down from the other end, opposite of the screen? It was a while ago but I think that is correct? I think I had the idea that it was too much of a stretch to get them over the screens.
                    Thanks Dave,Are you sure you put them on dry? I always thought you had to lubricate o-rings to put them on.Im at a standstill right now.The guy with the impact screwdriver I was going to borrow isnt home right now.There is always 1 stubborn screw!

Comment

If we're are talking about the needle seat(the round piece where the float needle goes in one end and there is a screen on the other end) . The o-ring slips over the screen end.

P.S bears are really dangerous:shock:
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

If we're are talking about the needle seat(the round piece where the float needle goes in one end and there is a screen on the other end) . The o-ring slips over the screen end.

P.S bears are really dangerous:shock:
                        Thanks chef.I will try to keep the bears out of the garage.

Comment

If you were using 1/4" hose you were starving your carbs for fuel and that may of been some of your problem.
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

If you were using 1/4" hose you were starving your carbs for fuel and that may of been some of your problem.
                            I was also using an in-line fuel filter which i wont do anymore.

Comment

dO YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE NEEDLE VALVE AND SEAT OR WOULD JUST REPLACING THE O-RING DO THE TRICK?
                              Forgive me If I am missing your question here. If you have had previous flooding problems and after a good clean up and inspection of the needles and seats, you see any sort of wear on the valve and its seat. Then my view is, YES replace them.

Comment

I see you got it running. How far into the carbs did you go? Tell us what you did so others can learn from you.
                                Glad you stayed out of the savage yards:shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X