Honda R/r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda R/r

read somewhere that a honda r/r can be used as a replacement for a suzuki r/r is this right ?if so what do you reccomend i'm currently rideing a 1985 gs850 don't know what model as i only had the engine and loom which i put in a trike frame any info will be helpful cheers

Not to be snide, but do some searching. There's a ton of info about the Honda R/R thing. I've got one on order right now, in fact.

Comment

to be fair ive just searched for honda r n r for gs450 n i cant find anything specific.

yes it was a little snide because whats a forum full of info and informative people for if not to help with relevant questions like his?

i certainly would if i knew the answer

Comment

Most of us haven't memorized the models that you can harvest from, nor the specific wires from which to splice.

Here's a good thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=81488

Comment

Originally posted by prxbadger View Post
          to be fair ive just searched for honda r n r for gs450 n i cant find anything specific.

yes it was a little snide because whats a forum full of info and informative people for if not to help with relevant questions like his?

i certainly would if i knew the answer
          It wasn't snide. People seeking information are expected to do a thorough search before asking questions. People on the forum are helpful, but don't like wasting their time answering the same questions over and over. In your defense, you probably don't know how to search for R/R information.

Do a search for Shindengen in advanced search, technical forum. You will get about 52 threads of information concerning Honda R/Rs made by Shindengen. These R/R models are prefixed with a SH (for Shindengen).
          Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2006, 08:45 PM. Reason: remove bad link

Comment

No, seriously, I wasn't being snide. I'm not a "search the archives, dummy" kind of guy, but I think in this case the quickest and best way you could find the information you seek is to do a search. When my R/R went out last week, that's what I did. I found what I needed, hopped on eBay, and $18.50 later (including shipping!), I've got a compatible Honda R/R on the way. The topic has been covered extensively and exhaustively in the past so I found out both what to buy and how to install it right away in the archives.
            Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2006, 06:46 PM.

Comment

apologies, i have found relevant info, problem is sources in the UK. also none specific to the gs450. i have had goes at electrics before but reg/rect are a whole new ball game

Comment

Originally posted by prxbadger View Post
                apologies, i have found relevant info, problem is sources in the UK. also none specific to the gs450. i have had goes at electrics before but reg/rect are a whole new ball game
                If your location is relevant to your post inquiries, it would be helpful if you entered your UK location in your User Control Panel (User CP link at top left of page). Otherwise we haven't a clue as to where you live and any difficulties it may present apropos advice given.

The GS450 or GS850 can use any Honda R/R that will work on any other GS model. Some R/Rs may be a little larger than others, but if you are creative mounting is not usually a problem.
                Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2006, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I'm using one from a late model CBR1000RR. No sensor wire to deal with. Same number of wires as the GS units.

Comment

Be careful because the words out on Ebay about the Honda R/Rs and people are listing them under GS 1100 (and probably other Suzuki searches) at inflated prices. Try doing the Ebay search for a compatable Honda R/R.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                    X