alternator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator?

i have a gs450l, and i just put in a brand new battery about 2 months ago. last night it wouldnt start, it was acting like the battery was dead. i charged it up and now it works fine. could this be an alternator problem so the battery is working too hard, or something else you think? thanks for any help.

bts

Re: alternator?

Originally posted by beattheirsystem
    i have a gs450l, and i just put in a brand new battery about 2 months ago. last night it wouldnt start, it was acting like the battery was dead. i charged it up and now it works fine. could this be an alternator problem so the battery is working too hard, or something else you think? thanks for any help.

bts
    You could have problems with the stator or the regulator/rectifier. Go to the Stator Papers:

Work your way through the trouble shooting chart and you should get your answer.

Hap

Comment

hap, thanks for the info. im still pretty new at all the mechanics and what not, this will be a big help. hey, ive got family in beaumont, know any roarks? thanks again
      bts

Comment

hap, thanks for the info. im still pretty new at all the mechanics and what not, this will be a big help. hey, ive got family in beaumont, know any roarks? thanks again
        bts
        I know a David Roark. Great guy whos does a lot of business with me (he is a sales engineer).

Hap

Comment

bts
          If you need any help, just holler, there are several of us here in the metroplex area who would be willing to help you fix your problem!!

Comment

[quote="Hap Call"]

I know a David Roark. Great guy whos does a lot of business with me (he is a sales engineer).

Hap
            i have an uncle david. i dont know what he does, but how many david roarks could there be in beaumont.

and ff, thanks so much for the offer, i might just take you up on that, ill let you know.
            thanks again
            bts

Comment

[quote="beattheirsystem"]
              Originally posted by Hap Call

Hap
              i have an uncle david. i dont know what he does, but how many david roarks could there be in beaumont.

and ff, thanks so much for the offer, i might just take you up on that, ill let you know.
              thanks again
              bts
              I am talking to David today, I will ask him if he has a nephew in the Dallas area.

Hap

Comment

I talked with David today. He is not the Roark that is related to you but knows of him. The other David's father worked at the Exxon-Mobil plant near Beaumont. Also, the David I know spells his name Roork.

Did you make any progress on the charging system?

Hap

Comment

not too much progress yet. funds are a bit low and not too many tools just yet. but i am working towards it. it did die at a light the other day though. electrical system just shut down. i pulled the bike over jiggled the battery, pulled the fuse off put it all back together again, and it started up and got me home. and then drove me around again today. as i got deeper into the wires and stuff around the battery, i found a lot more stuff just taped together. i need to find a whole new wire harness, i think. so maybe the battery never actually went dead.(?) the fun begins.
                  well, close on the roark, but not quite. cool we have some sort of connection though between haps to roorks to roarks to bts......., maybe, somehow, maybe not. ok anyway
                  hopefully ill get this all figured out soon. thanks again.
                  bts

Comment

My 400 dies like your bike does. My bike has a single fuse for everything and it just happens to be loose in its carrier so every once in a while the bike shuts down just like the key has been turned off. I've also burned up a fuse (melted the plastic, not the element) due to it jiggling around. Any melting of wires will indicate a bad connection.

Keep fighting the system, just remember that you'll need to join the system and bring it down from the inside. :twisted:
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X