GS750 Oil Pump Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Oil Pump Gears

I am considering installing some 750 oil pump gears in my new project, a '78 GS1000, bored to 1085, ported head, VM29's, aftermarket cams. The questions are: from which model 750 do I get the gears from? Is it just a straight replacement, i.e. take out my gears and put the new ones on? What all else do I need to do? I know I will get an increase in oil flow volume, but will the oil pressure also be increased? If so, by how much? Any other mods I need to do to the engine to compensate for the change?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

There from the same year as ure im pretty sure. Cant go wrong as the gears are phyically larger/smaller than yours. Have u seen the GS1000st parts book post ive done on here.

Comment

I got high volume oil pump gears at Schnitz racing.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You can use the gears from the 8-valve 750 motor or from the 16-valve 750 motor from 1980 through 1982. You must use a set, not just one gear.

Hap

Comment

May notice a small increase in pressure, it is more about volume though. Is particulaly useful if you intend to run an oil cooler and or a topend oiler kit.

Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call View Post
            You can use the gears from the 8-valve 750 motor or from the 16-valve 750 motor from 1980 through 1982. You must use a set, not just one gear.

Hap
            You say set? From the pic (And where i've peered in my clutch) I can only see the large 33T one in mine? Am I missing something here??

Comment

One gear is attached behind the clutch, the other is on the oil pump shaft.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Doh

The gear one is 33T is that standard teeth?

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  I got high volume oil pump gears at Schnitz racing.
                  http://www.schnitzracing.com/
                  You got OEM 750 pump gears in some fancy Schnitz packaging is what you got...

Bruce, it doesnt matter. The ratio on the 8v 750 and the 16v 750 is the same. There is a difference in LOOK (casting marks are a little different) but they make no difference whatsoever. I have both, have used both, no difference.

On the other side of this, are you sure they're any different than the 1000s?? Im not sure on that myself...

Comment

Originally posted by cockneyrick View Post
                    Doh

The gear one is 33T is that standard teeth?
                    Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    On the other side of this, are you sure they're any different than the 1000s?? Im not sure on that myself...
                    The standard gears are 34 drive 33 driven. The 750 gears are 38 drive, 29 driven.
                    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
                    X