Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

750 GSXR/Katana top end to 85 GS700E bottom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 GSXR/Katana top end to 85 GS700E bottom?

I have seen posts on GSXR tops on GS bottoms but most or all deal with litre bikes presumably for drag racing. What I want to do is put an air/oil cooled TSCC GSXR top end, block and head, on my 700's bottom. First does anyone out there know "if" its do-able and second what modifications need to be done such as boring cases for cylinder block (going from 67mm to 72mm bore do the sleeves fit?) and what rods to use with the 700's crank(1mm longer stroke) and 750's pistons(deck hieght and valve clearence concerns abound). This is a street project and will be a daily rider/commuter bike and am fast rolling up miles on the stock engine and will need to do an overhaul soon. Any info will be appreciated technical info will garner you my eternall gratitude.

Honestly have no idea if it will or not. I have seen severeal of this conversion done on 1100's, I believe you will be a pioneer on 700/750 though. Some info about the swap in general terms at www.bertaut.com

Dink

Comment

Wouldn't it easier to install a complete GSXR 750 engine in your GS750 frame and just sell the intact GS750 motor or part it out? I've seen GSXR motors in GS1000's so it's possible.

Talk about a kick in the pants performance increase.

A complete Gixxer 750 motor would run you anywhere from $600 to $1500 on eBay.

Comment

A complete swap is an option but I want to stay with the original looks as much as possible (although I may reanodize all covers black) including the crank mounted alternator. I am willing to trade off the 6-speed gearbox and better charging system for the "look" and the displacement gains(not to mention what I do believe should net a meatier mid range torque curve even with GXSR cams).

Comment

Working...
        X